Set slideshow to conclude at conclusion of song

StefanMaz wrote on 12/12/2019, 10:38 PM

Hello, I'm evaluating Photostorey for use at work. So far I'm not having an easy time of it. I see that it is very powerful software, but I can't find how or where to do something I think should be pretty straightforward. I have 59 photos, I have a 4 min song. I want the photos and their transitions to finish exactly as the song finishes. Is there a button or setting I can just click on which will calculate the photo and transition durations and set them to match the song length? I've done this in older software (Memories On TV) - I just can't figure out how or where to achieve this in Photostorey. Any help is appreciated. I'd like to move away from Memories On TV, and I'm looking at Photostory to replace it, but this feature is a dealbreaker if it can't do it.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 12/13/2019, 12:55 PM

@StefanMaz

Hi,

Yes, if you use the Wizard, SlideShow Maker. Put your 59 images on the timeline. First, you may want to adjust the default image import duration to 4 seconds instead of 7, under Program Settings.

Put the playback marker at the very beginning (Home). Edit, Wizard, SlideShow Maker. Select a Style. Put a checkmark in the Style Template rectangle beside "Apply style between start and end marker. Adjust the Transitions and Effects to what you want.

Click on "Background Music" and Load your music file, Apply. Click on "Create slideshow (Preview). Play it to see if you like what you see. When done, click on Apply and your photos will be adjusted with transitions and effects, if requested, and will be the length of the music file, if possible. I say "if possible" because you would likely have a problem putting more than 240 images with a 1 second transition on a 4 minute song. Do the calculation.

If the audio file (music) has built-in BPM, then Slideshow Maker may probably try to cut to the beat.

If you don't know anything about timeline mode, see my tutorials:

Update - linked to correct tutorial:

Try it.

If you will be wanting to create videos using a mixture of photos and videos in the future, then you would be better off with Movie Edit Pro Plus or Premium (not basic), as MEP has more video editing tools than PhotoStory (it has everything that PhotoStory has), amongst many other great features. MEP Premium is the best deal and is currently on sale for less than the price of the Plus version.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 12/16/2019, 10:57 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos