Serious Error - Access violation exception

Evonet wrote on 4/9/2020, 11:40 AM

Running Web Designer Premium 15.1.0, Windows7 32-bit. When I attempt to publish my website, I often get "Serious Error from Xara Web Designer Premium \n Access violation exception at 0x0D??637B (the '??' vary between incidents). Recently, the problem has become more frequent. Publishing via FTP to my ISP's web server, this happens about one time in 10, but to my local Windows 2008R2 server it happens about 4 times out of 5 - it's VERY frustrating! (FileZilla has no problem with either FTP server.) Sometimes, Xara offers me the option to send you a log, but this never works ("Failed to send error report. Please check you are connected to the Internet") - a sample log code is: 67558108-24f4-4f0d-bbbc-1b6d84294edd. The application is locked, and has to be killed in Windows. Running as Administrator doesn't seem to make any difference, neither does changing any of the FTP settings. Please help!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/9/2020, 1:37 PM

@Evonet

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums. In other words, this is NOT how to contact Magix Support.

There is a Support link in the header of any forum page. Please use that to contact technical support. Are you also aware of the TalkGraphics forum, which is very much geared towards Xara products?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Evonet wrote on 4/9/2020, 3:17 PM

Thank you, Jeff. The Support link suggested that I'd get an answer more quickly on the forum - and I thought this was especially likely to be true in these strange and difficult times. I did check that an answer hadn't already been posted either here or on the TalkGraphics forum. But of course, I'd be delighted to have a response from anyone who has found a way round this problem.

emmrecs wrote on 4/10/2020, 4:36 AM

@Evonet

Thank you for the update.

I suspect the current pandemic situation means that most, if not all, support staff are working from home, if at all. Hence the suggestion from the link to post here.

Unfortunately, unless another user, who visits here, has experienced a similar problem and knows how to resolve it, you may have to wait for a more "useful" response from Support. Did you actually create a Support ticket? I ask, because it is not very obvious on that Support page how to do so! This page should enable you to create a ticket if you have not already done so.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam