Sequoia V16 and audio hash

Alan-Bise wrote on 11/19/2021, 2:23 PM

Hi all,

I'm having an issue that I've never run across. I'm a long time Sequoia user (since V7) and have recently upgraded CPU to Windows 10 and Sequoia Version 16. I'll list the system specs below.

When I am recording, every so often the audio on the output monitor turns to digital hash (tons of clicks), for 15-30 seconds, then there is no audio output at all to monitor. However, the audio continues to record to the hard drive, and I can play it back later, except for the part that is hash. Of course, this doesn't help since I can't monitor it.

The system has 2 RME HDSPe-AES cards. It happens on both cards, whether clocking to wordclock or AES. It happens no matter the channel count. It happens no matter the hard drive I record to (including the :C drive for testing purposes.) It happens with different A/D converters. I've watched the RME clocking page and no issues there with losing clock.

The "hash" is episodic....it happens about every 1 hour and 5 minutes, almost exactly. Something seems to be broken between RME and the Sequoia audio engine?

It DOES NOT happen in Reaper.

Computer tech support has been great, but we're wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this. Any ideas?

Here are the system specs:

Windows 10 pro

11Gen i&-11700K 3.6GHZ @

ASUS Motherboard

32GB RAM

2 RME HDSPe-AES audio cards

Sequoia V16

Thanks!

Alan

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/19/2021, 2:40 PM

@Alan-Bise Does restarting your computer solve the problem for a while? It could be Windows Defender doing its thing. Is your computer online while recording? Is your Windows 10 system a fresh install? It could help if you completely reinstall it from scratch but that can be a lot of work.

There is also a professional user forum for Samplitude and Sequoia users. Maybe somebody over there encountered a similar problem.

https://community.samplitude.com/

Alan-Bise wrote on 11/19/2021, 4:52 PM

HI SP,

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, everything here is brand new. Brand new Windows 10 and CPU, happened first time out of the box. My computer is not online when this happens. A reboot doesn't change the behavior. I'll look at that other forum as well, thanks!