Separating Bass From Treble

LeilaW wrote on 5/23/2022, 9:13 PM

I have Acid Music Studio V 10 and use it on my Surface Pro 7

background: I import pieces of music from iTunes into Acid Music Studio (AMS) and then use AMS to cut lengthy pieces of music down to a shorter version (in minutes) for use in canine freestyle routines.

Is it possible to lower the volume on the bass so the treble can be heard better?

thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 5/24/2022, 8:23 AM

Hi @LeilaW

Yes it's possible to adjust the bass and treble levels on audio clips in AMS10. This is done by using track, event, or clip FX. If you're not familiar with how to do that, click Help -> Show me how -> scroll down to the editing section and select Editing Tracks section -> How to Add Audio Effects to a Track

For me, I get the Acid FX effect on audio channels by default, I can't remember if I changed that. If you have that too, under the FX section, tick the box next to EQ and that will allow you to change the Bass, Mid and Treble. You can adjust each by +/- 25db, which should be more than enough.

AMS supports VSTs, which are audio FX plugins. There are plenty of free VSTs out there that allow better and more precise control of EQ. I can recommend the suite of free VSTs from Dead Duck Software - https://plugins4free.com/dev/597/