Scam Emails

markus-m1174 wrote on 12/17/2021, 4:20 PM

Someone (awildasassano@email.cz) sent me an e-mail, is this some scam?

"Greetings 

We think your channel is perfect for promoting our user-friendly and easy to use software. So we would like to work with you. 

Our company Magix, founded in 1993, is a leader in affordable multimedia software solutions, including sound, video and photo recording and processing. Magix programs represent a wide range of products for both home and professional use.

Do you want to work with us? We are waiting for your answer and we will discuss all details. 

We're looking forward to working with you!

Best wishes

Magix Official"

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/17/2021, 6:54 PM

@markus-m1174 I would suggest you contact support at infoservice@magix.net

The e-mail address you mentioned sounds very fishy

emmrecs wrote on 12/18/2021, 4:27 AM

@markus-m1174

I fully agree with what @SP. has written. Magix would not attempt to contact you from any email address other than one which ends with magix.net or possibly magix.com.

However, please forward the email you received to the address that @SP. gave (infoservice@magix.net) and give them full details. In the meantime, I would very seriously suggest you do NOT respond to the "invitation".

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/18/2021, 4:27 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 12/18/2021, 4:27 AM

@markus-m1174

Hi

I agree with @SP. that the email is suspicious - you are the third person since 1st Dec 2021 to have reported potential 'scam' emails which state they come from official Magix channels.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 12/21/2021, 1:33 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for raising this. We can indeed confirm that this is a scam. Please do not share any personal data with them nor click on any links they provide. We will forward this email address to our legal department.

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

emmrecs wrote on 12/21/2021, 4:03 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion @SP. @johnebaker @markus-m1174

Given the serious nature of this I am going to slightly amend the thread title and pin it to the top of this forum.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/14/2022, 4:52 PM

Hi

Another recent scam email this month sent to user pretending to be from Magix

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/magix-proposal-for-collaboration-fake-or-not--1300680/

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

edepot wrote on 9/8/2024, 9:54 PM

I just got a scam email for Vegas Pro

Notice they add Poland internet country code: .pl

They are using an encrypted file (to bypass virus scanners) at rebrand.ly

See below for complete scam email body

Hello, dear Influencer. Thank you for your interest in my cooperation proposal

Let me provide you with additional information about our Vegas Pro software

The Vegas Pro team welcomes you. We are glad that you are interested in collaborating with Vegas Pro. You do great work and we are confident that we can help each other. Let's find out more about the collaboration

The promoted product that we propose to integrate on your YouTube channel is Vegas Pro

To learn more about the promoted product, I invite you to check out its features and functions - https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/

We are interested in integrating a 30-second promotional video into the next video on your YouTube channel. I need to integrate a commercial into 4 of your videos during the month of September

VEGAS Pro - your creative partner. Meet the new video editing software

Build a story the way you want it, with everything from efficient editing workflow to extensive post-production capabilities

A creative space that grows with you

Discover an editing system that expands with your needs. From video and audio plugins to cloud-based tools, there are no creative limitations

1. The cost of 30-second integration ranges from $950 to $7700 (price depends on the number of views on your channel), if you estimate the cost of advertising to be more than $7700, please send us your quote for consideration, we will negotiate. The method of receiving funds for advertising integration is specified in the advertising agreement.

2. Distribution of the agreement to third parties is strictly prohibited.

3. Place the Vegas trailer at the beginning or in the middle of the advertisement (more detailed conditions are specified in the advertising agreement)

4. After signing the agreement we will transfer 35% of the agreed amount to your payment detailse-wallet (more details in the advertising agreement)

You can familiarize yourself with the options of advertising placement, as well as with the advertising agreement at the following link

MediaKit: https://rebrand.ly/VegasStudioPR

Password: vegas

For correct work with the archive you need Windows OS with WinRar archiver installed. After that everything will work

If you are a Macbook user, there is an archive downloaded for you, which functions in the Macbook system

MediaKit: https://rebrand.ly/VegasMacBook

Password: vegas

After studying the advertising material, you need to familiarize yourself with the Vegas advertising contract. In the contract you need to fill in the fields (5, 10, 10.2, 11), in the last paragraph of the contract you need to put your electronic signature. After filling out the form, you must send me a signed copy of the advertising contract for approval. After agreement and signing by both parties, I will provide you with an approved copy of the advertising agreement and give your details to the accounting department to receive an advance payment in the amount of 35% of the agreed amount to your payment details specified by you in the advertising agreement

If you have any further questions, I am waiting for your message.

Best wishes, Vegas Pro Studio

Copyright 2024 Vegas Pro. All rights reserved

edepot wrote on 9/8/2024, 9:57 PM

Here is another scam email for Magix Music Maker

Notice they add Poland internet country code: .pl

Again, they are using an encrypted file (to bypass virus scanners) at rebrand.ly

See below for complete scam email body

Hello, my name is Patricia and I am the manager of MAGIX 

The MAGIX team welcomes you. We are glad that you are interested in collaborating with MAGIX. You are doing a great job and we are sure we can help each other. Let's find out more about the collaboration

The promoted product we are proposing to integrate into your YouTube channel is MusicMaker2025 Premium

To learn more about the promoted product, I invite you to check out its features and functions: https://www.magix.com/int/music/music-maker/premium/

We are interested in integrating a 30-second commercial into the next video on your YouTube channel. I am interested in integrating our commercial into your video in September. We need 3 commercials on your channel during the month of September

MUSIC MAKER PREMIUM is the easiest way to create music on your computer. Just create your songs by combining loops and overlaying sounds. It's as easy and fun as playing with building blocks, and you can get amazing results instantly. In MUSIC MAKER PREMIUM you have an infinite number of tracks and a huge number of instruments and effects, so the only thing that limits you is your imagination.

Tunes for epic club nights Create your own club tracks effortlessly by combining loops, recording vocals and experimenting with virtual instruments. From deep bass lines to soaring synths and stunning effects, you'll easily create your signature sound that will get the dance floor moving all night long

1. The cost of 30-second integration ranges from $750 to $5700 (price depends on channel stats), if you estimate the cost of advertising to be more than $5700, please send us your quote for consideration, we will negotiate. The method of receiving funds for advertising integration is specified in the advertising agreement.

2. Distribution of the agreement to third parties is strictly prohibited.

3. Place the MAGIX trailer at the beginning or in the middle of the advertisement (more detailed conditions are specified in the advertising agreement).

4. After signing the agreement we will transfer 35% of the agreed amount to your payment details/e-wallet (more details in the advertising agreement).

You can familiarize yourself with the options of advertising placement, as well as with the advertising agreement at the following link:

MediaKit: https://rebrand.ly/MagixBrand

Password: magix

For correct work with the archive you need Windows OS with WinRar archiver installed. After that everything will work

If you are a Macbook user, there is an archive downloaded for you, which functions in the Macbook system.

MediaKit: https://rebrand.ly/PromoMagixMAC

Password: magix

After studying the advertising material, you need to familiarize yourself with the MAGIX advertising contract. In the contract you need to fill in the fields (3, 4.3, 9, 10.2, 12), in the last paragraph of the contract you need to put your electronic signature. After filling out the form, you must send me a signed copy of the advertising contract for approval. After agreement and signing by both parties, I will provide you with an approved copy of the advertising agreement and give your details to the accounting department to receive an advance payment in the amount of 35% of the agreed amount to your payment details specified by you in the advertising agreement

If you have any further questions, I am waiting for your message.

Best regards, MAGIX studio.

Copyright 2024 MAGIX. All rights reserved