saving on computer

tarnelless wrote on 12/29/2016, 7:48 PM

This week I have tried to export a 2gb photo-story project onto DVD on the new updated Photostory Deluxe 2017. I cannot seem to get it done, so I updated the burn routines, just in case mine were out of date. I have been using Photostory now for a number of years and previously had no problems exporting. So I thought I would try another approach and just save it to my computer and then copy it onto a flash drive.

I have tried to export it onto the computer 3 times , last night (2x) and this morning, and it will not move past 26% with 3.47 hours to go. It has reached this exact level 3 times. I have to literally close down the program and then a box tells me that

'The last program execution caused an error, important information about this error was written in a file. Sending this crash log to Magix helps us to improve the quality of the program'.

Well hello, I have sent this crash log to them several times, but no help forthwith.

Any suggestions, or is anyone else having this problem. Thanks

Comments

loren2anthony wrote on 1/31/2017, 6:00 AM

I had the same problem.  Tried burning many different ways.  I REALIZED THAT THE MIX DOWN FAILED WHEN IT ENCOUNTERED A COLLAGE.  I removed the collage effect and was able to produce an MP4 slideshow. 

So, my question is why won't collages mix down?  (I also have the problem with no fade in/fade out handles on Mp3 audio tracks.)  I'm planning to delete my Photostory application and re-install it.

tarnelless wrote on 1/31/2017, 3:24 PM

I uninstalled and then re installed, having the same problem, the thing is, I spend hours doing slide shows and if I have to remove a collage, then other things need to be changed too. If you cannot use collages, don't put them in the program, it's like the 3D text on the interface, I have to use several different ways to place it on my picture, not as easy as it used to be when I first found Magix. About to give up on Magix and buy another program.

johnebaker wrote on 2/1/2017, 4:53 AM

Hi

Just uninstalling and re-installing may not fix the problem you are having.

Photostory creates some files on first run which are left behind by the uninstaller, it knows nothing about these files so it will not uninstall them, they must be removed manually.

If you have Windows 10 then I would advise you to use this procedure to uninstall and re-install the software.

If you are running Windows 7 or 8 then use steps 1, 2, 11 and 12 of the above procedure to uninstall, locate and remove any files left behind and re-install.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.