Comments

rex-goldsmith wrote on 3/22/2017, 6:42 AM

Support is piss-poor from Magix. I asked the same question and got the following on 15 March 2017: "I would like to inform you that your current version does not support any other export format than Windows Media Video format." What it does is it saves your captured video to a proprietary format of .mxv which then requires the magix editing software (if it functions) for Rescue VHS to edit the video captured, then you can export to .wma for your viewing pleasure.

hannah wrote on 5/18/2017, 7:52 AM

Hi I've got the same problem, I saved my videos to a USB + was going to watch them on the TV but a message saying Unsupported file came up, I'm able to watch videos from my mobile that are on the USB, so I know it is the Video file type that is the problem + not the TV, anyways i'm hoping that maybe one of you or someone else has worked out a way of saving them that works? Thanks in advance.

emmrecs wrote on 5/18/2017, 8:45 AM

Hi. Welcome to the Magix forums.

As an earlier poster stated, the only format in which "Rescue Your Videotapes" can export to is, apparently, WMV. Your mobile will be able to play such files since it will have an app able to read WMV files. Your TV, unfortunately, clearly does not have and, presumably, cannot have any such app.

So, you really need to convert your file to a type your TV can read and play. That is where you need to start your research: what video file formats can your TV handle? I have to say that the answer may be none, especially if you are using a USB memory stick! (Most modern TVs can display still images stored on USB but not video files).

If you find your TV CAN play video files from a USB stick you then need to convert the existing wmv files to the format you need. There are free video convertors, like Handbrake, which should be able to handle this (its interface is not, in my opinion, particularly "user-friendly") so I would always use MovAvi Video Convertor (current version is 17). It is not free, unfortunately, but if you are going to need to convert a number of such files, it is well worth the expense. Its home page is https://www.movavi.com/videoconverter/?asrc=vc_menuabout&app=videoconverter&module=videoconverter&app_ver=17-2-1&lang=en_us&partner=&istrial=0&huid=60460eb95d9a06d30ac6c7670e5ac0d8092ecbce&utm_nooverride=1 I see you can "Download it for Free" but I'm pretty certain you have to buy it in order to use it fully.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/18/2017, 8:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

hannah wrote on 5/19/2017, 9:08 AM

Thank you for your help my tv plays videos from my USB so I will look up that app + see what it's like, might look to see if there are any free ones which are good + wont mess about with computer also. Thank you again.