Save Issues

Henry-Knaack wrote on 11/24/2018, 7:47 PM

This is concerning Acid Pro 8,, After I put together my mix and I'm ready to save the mix. It only saves one channel its either left or right not both. While the play back of the mix before saving it sounds great. Save the mix wither its wav. mp3 or the default Acid project it only saves one channel. I had to revert back to Acid 7 loosing all my xfx and settings. please help.

Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/25/2018, 2:57 PM

Hi,

When you say "Save the mix" are you saying "Rendering" or is it "Saving the project"? Both?

It seems obvious that you are attempting to render to .wav or .mp3 but you also mention "default Acid project". What did you mean by "default Acid project"? Are you using "Save as"? And naming your project? Or just repeatedly hitting "Save" and overwriting the initial/default AP 8 project?

These kinds of details are very important. Also what version of Windows and which build of AP 8 are you running?

Always include as much pertinent information that you can think of. The more we know the better we are able to help. And most importantly it will save you time .....

Let us know ...

Will

Henry-Knaack wrote on 11/25/2018, 4:14 PM

Acid 8.0.7 (Build 233) 64-Bit

Running on Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Version 6.03.9600 with AMD FX 8320 Eight Core Processor, 8 Gig memory, Geforce GTX-970 4 Gig Video Card, with a standard sound card built into the mother board.

i am attempting to render to a .mp3 using the 5.1 surround sound at 320 Kbps, CD Transparent Audio, 44Hz, Quality Highest, VBR 50%, Stereo, under the custom settings. and when i do it only renders one side the left side as in it only plays through the left speaker not both. i tried to render it as a .wav file and it did the same thing, playing through only one speaker the left side.

i also did try mixing it with-out the 5.1 surround sound option and it did the same thing.

i saved the project under .acd. i just loaded the project and it plays through both speakers. but when i try to render it as a .mp3 or .way.. it doesn't work.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/25/2018, 7:43 PM

OK.

Do you have a 5.1 monitor system or are you only monitoring in stereo? Also I'm pretty sure mixing stereo and 5.1 doesn't work. Since you started the render in a 5.1 format while trying to render to mp3, that has me mystified. mp3 (at least in AP 8) will only handle stereo as far as I remember. You'll need to render to Dolby AC3 for 5.1, I think. I'll review the manual and maybe test a couple tracks myself. I usually mix 5.1 in Vegas not Acid but it should be the same, I would guess. I'll make sure by reviewing the manual.

PS: what audio device/driver are you using? ASIO, I hope?

Be back soon,

Will

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/25/2018, 8:03 PM

Rendering:

for 5.1 you have three choices. Individual tracks (six total) in .wav or .aiff, wmv or wma, or Dolby AC-3 which renders to one 5.1 encoded file.

Can't find any documentation on mp3 but there is no way to render to 5.1 mp3 within Acid, at least not on my machine and I have the same AP 8 build as you and am running Win 10.

You'll probably need to give me the details as to your rendering process. Why the render would only play back in one side? weird!!

Well, I'll wait for more details on your system and process.

Let us know ....

Will