Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/12/2009, 10:15 AM
Hi there,

Do you just want to show the same sequence twice in a row or do you actually want to show the rewinding process? Either way, it's pretty easy to accomplish once you get the hang of working with objects and virtual editing in Movie Edit Pro. I'll quickly explain the (slightly) more complex situation of playing, rewinding & replaying.

Basically, if the particular sequence you want to work with isn't an isolated object yet, you might want to isolate it first, using the split function (T key) that was discussed under the other question. You want the little scene that you want to rewind and replay to be one isolated object. Now, select that object and copy it to the clipboard (e.g. by using the "Copy" function from the "Edit" menu or by using the usual CTRL+C keyboard shortcut). Make sure you're operating in timeline view for all of this. Paste the video object twice right after the first object ends (CTRL+V). At this point, you should basically have three identical objects lined up. If you play them back, they will just play the same scene three times in a row. Now, you'd use the "Speed" function in the video effects section reverse the second object (video and audio must be ungrouped for that): Select the second object, go to the mediapool's "Effects" tab => "Video effects" section => "Speed" sub section. Tick the checkbox for "Reverse". Done.

If you play back the resulting arrangement again, you will see the scene once, followed by a reverse playback of the scene (rewind), followed by another playback of the scene. You can add additional changes to spice up the whole thing a little. You could speed up the rewind scene a little and maybe add a suitable sound effect (e.g. rewind tape effect or reverse the actual audio of the footage in an audio program). You could also slow down the replay scene.

I hope this helps. Once you've successfully implemented this, it will probably also help you general understanding of the way the program handles objects etc.

ralftaro wrote on 10/12/2009, 10:18 AM
Here's a little example I prepared based on one of the sample video clips that come with Movie Edit Pro. I implemented what I suggested above and sped up the second part (rewind) slightly. I slowed down the third part (replay) a bit.