Recorded Track Out Of Sync With Drum Track

John-Fernandez wrote on 7/22/2022, 3:00 PM

Hoping this is a simple fix to something dumb that I'm doing. I have a drum track playing at 99 BPM. I record a guitar track in time with the drum track and when i play it back it is ridiculously out of time. I didn't move any of the tracks. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong? - Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/22/2022, 3:54 PM

@John-Fernandez This could be a difference in sample rates. Usually you need to select 44.1 khz or 48 khz.

John-Fernandez wrote on 7/22/2022, 4:01 PM

Looks like the project, drum track and recorder track are all set to 44K 16 bit. Thanks

John-Fernandez wrote on 7/22/2022, 4:04 PM

Checked he properties of the drum track - tempo is at 92 BPM(!) even though my project is set to 99BPM. Can I change the tempo of the canned drum track?

Edit - i can change the tempo of the track easily. Not the issue. Maybe it was recorded at 92 BPM...

sheppo wrote on 7/24/2022, 4:19 AM

If you've dragged these clips in to acid, their length can denote the clip type. For example, a long clip will automatically be set to a beatmapped clip, whereas shorter clips will be one shots, or loops. So, check whether the all tracks have consistent clip settings.

• Right Click a clip, select clip properties
  • What's the ACID type?

if they're just straight recordings that you don't need beatmapped then One Shot will suffice. Then you can align the tracks by alt+dragging on clip. If you know the BPM of the recordings set your project to this BPM

If they're out of time or you want your project to be in a different tempo to the recordings set them both to beatmapped. Then on the stretch tab you can either manually type the BPM and set the offset if you know what that is, or go through the beatmapper wizard.