Reason Rack Plugin not working in Acid Pro 10

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 11/2/2020, 5:09 PM

Just purchased Acid Pro 10 (Windows 10, 64-bit) as an upgrade from Acid Music Studio 11. Love the new features, but my Reason Rack plugin isn;'t working, both as a virtual instrument and as a VST effect. The weird and annoying thing is that it works just fine in AMS 11 when I load it up there. Also works in Mixcraft 9 & Ableton Live Lite. It's receiving MIDI input data from my controller (

I'd love to be able to use the Reason Rack in Acid Pro. Is there a reason why it works just fine in AMS, but not Acid Pro? I;ve seen other posts regarding this, like this one back in July. https://www.magix.info/us/forum/reason-rack-plugin-issue-in-acid-pro-10--1249595/

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. I can't be the only one who'd love to see this fixed..

Comments

Former user wrote on 11/3/2020, 9:00 PM

Just purchased Acid Pro 10 (Windows 10, 64-bit) as an upgrade from Acid Music Studio 11. Love the new features, but my Reason Rack plugin isn;'t working, both as a virtual instrument and as a VST effect. The weird and annoying thing is that it works just fine in AMS 11 when I load it up there. Also works in Mixcraft 9 & Ableton Live Lite. It's receiving MIDI input data from my controller (

I'd love to be able to use the Reason Rack in Acid Pro. Is there a reason why it works just fine in AMS, but not Acid Pro? I;ve seen other posts regarding this, like this one back in July. https://www.magix.info/us/forum/reason-rack-plugin-issue-in-acid-pro-10--1249595/

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. I can't be the only one who'd love to see this fixed..

That will be one of the issues. But I believe there are still a lot of issues being worked out with the latest version. Mine crashes when I open an MP3 file. I have un-installed and re-installed it to work again and pray it doesn't crash. I have posted in multiple places and seems like only users have found work-arounds but nothing solid. I re-install Acid minimum of 2 times per day and keep registering it. Not sure whats going on but I am hoping someone in there is on over-time trying to get it all to work.

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 11/3/2020, 9:35 PM

Man, that’s brutal. I can’t imagine reinstalling constantly like that. Is that just when you add an MP3 file onto the timeline? Haven’t had that happen but I keep getting that other issue with it crashing since the update unless I open it as an administrator

I feel like Ableton users don’t have to deal with these kind of issues.

Reminiscence wrote on 11/4/2020, 1:18 AM

Same issue here with Reason Rack Plugin (RRP) in Acid Pro 10. Mentioned this quite a while back, and still no fix. :-(

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 11/4/2020, 1:38 AM

That sucks man. Sorry to hear. I just tested it with some MP3 files and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Yeah, I just went all in on Music production. Just bought a bunch of gear and also purchased Mixcraft 9 Pro and got a copy of Ableton Lite Live, Ampify and Reason Rack. They all seem more stable than Acid so far. Nothing beats Acid when it comes to workflow and chopping up loops and relooping them. The Midi Playable Chopper is one of my favorite features so far. Hoping you can get your issues resolved and get back to it!

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 11/4/2020, 1:40 AM

Same issue here with Reason Rack Plugin (RRP) in Acid Pro 10. Mentioned this quite a while back, and still no fix. :-(

Yup. I saw that. Actually linked to your post in mine at the top.

sheppo wrote on 11/5/2020, 9:59 AM

@Former user - please try to keep replies on-topic.

@Matthew-Thomas / @Reminiscence - did you provide the requested information to Acid Support? If there's a compatibility issue with Reason and Acid that lies with Magix this information would be most useful for support.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 11/6/2020, 3:42 PM

This is terrible in Acid Pro 8 the new updatre didnt cause problem with the Vst Reason rack ,works perfect....However upgrade to Acid Pro 10 and reason vst rack loads into track however no output is working......

Whats the Deal with that.....?

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 11/6/2020, 3:47 PM

@Former user - please try to keep replies on-topic.

@Matthew-Thomas / @Reminiscence - did you provide the requested information to Acid Support? If there's a compatibility issue with Reason and Acid that lies with Magix this information would be most useful for support.

How does one go about submitting a report to Acid support?

emmrecs wrote on 11/7/2020, 3:52 AM

@Matthew-Thomas

Go to this page and create a Support ticket.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

LooneyBinJim wrote on 11/7/2020, 4:38 PM

@Matthew-Thomas

Go to this page and create a Support ticket.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

I do apologise for having not followed the link.Which was above my post about reason ...Doh fingers crossed its fixed before acid 11 comes out which will mean again another version of Acid i have to shell out on..

So ill do my bit and click the link above.....Soz

Former user wrote on 12/13/2020, 3:47 AM

It is likely an issue with MAGIX's VST Scanner. Reason Rack does not work in Samplitude Pro X4, either.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 3/16/2021, 8:00 AM

It is likely an issue with MAGIX's VST Scanner. Reason Rack does not work in Samplitude Pro X4, either.

However it does work in samplitude 5

sheppo wrote on 3/16/2021, 4:48 PM

I can certainly get the rack loading in to AP10, can do everything you'd hope to be able to do, apart from routing audio or midi in or out of the rack.

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 3/16/2021, 4:59 PM

It loads in AP10, but doesn’t do anything. None of the instruments or effects actually work.

Former user wrote on 3/16/2021, 5:22 PM

Matthew, I have posted this in another topic but this was one of the issues I had listed when talking to Magix developers live. So, it should be on their list to fix in the next update.

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 3/16/2021, 6:39 PM

Matthew, I have posted this in another topic but this was one of the issues I had listed when talking to Magix developers live. So, it should be on their list to fix in the next update.

Yeah, I’m not holding my breath anymore for updates, based on what I’ve seen from Magic’s response to customers and the general lack of company support in these forums. I’ve largely switched DAWs to Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio at this point.

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 3/16/2021, 8:41 PM

I can certainly get the rack loading in to AP10, can do everything you'd hope to be able to do, apart from routing audio or midi in or out of the rack.

I mean, there’s no point if the VST loads if it doesn’t process audio or midi, right? It’s just sitting there, doing nothing.

Former user wrote on 3/16/2021, 9:01 PM

Matthew, to be honest, I am on Studio one myself and use Acid's explorer browser for audio auditioning, thankfully S1 lets me load the files directly from Acid as Studio One's browser setup is just too counter-productive for me. I am veteran Acid Pro user so never got used to other DAW's "drag and drop" business.

Matthew-Thomas wrote on 3/16/2021, 9:09 PM

Yeah, my favourite thing is the browser that lets you audition stuff in time automatically. That’s the one thing I miss in Mixcraft.

Bryan-Higgins wrote on 4/30/2023, 1:13 PM

This is frustrating. I asked for help and all they said is it works in the same way as it did in Acid . What a crappy response.

johnebaker wrote on 4/30/2023, 3:12 PM

@Bryan-Higgins

Hi

. . . . I asked for help . . . .

Where?

The only help you have asked for in the forum was back in 2022 regarding an issue MAGIX PC Check & Tuning 2022.

Please start a new topic about the issue you are having, giving the full program name and version number as found under Help, About..

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.