Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 12/10/2009, 3:01 AM
Hi,

this is unclear. Could you specify? Did you install from the original CD? From the internet?

The products uses a copy protection, so you need the original CD to install the product.

Regards
lazer
john-auvil wrote on 12/10/2009, 12:55 PM
I think the installation media on the disc of the MEP 14 is not Windows 7 compatible, therefore perhaps the copyright protection scheme used on the software disc is being tripped and assuming it is not an authentic copy.

My suggestion first is to try and insert the disc, close any auto installation media that opens, you want to browse the disc and look for the MEP14.exe file, RIGHT click that and try to install using the Windows 7 Administration|compatibility, this might allow the copyright protection to process and install the software correctly.

Other than that, I think it has to do with the age of the program and the New Windows operating system. You might want to update the software, I am sure the next version of Movie Edit Pro will make this installation process seamless for Windows 7.
Lazerboy wrote on 12/11/2009, 9:39 AM
John is right...it might have to do with Win7. On the other hand, I read that the main problem would be the installation. So as I understood you can install it and the message comes after installation? If the problem is the installtion process itself, there is workaround. You need to install the programm in the compatibility mode....

Cheers
Lazer