Publishing issues with Web designer Premium

Adrian-Yates wrote on 11/27/2020, 5:05 PM

Hi there

I wonder if you can give me some help, I had this issue before, and I am now experiencing it again, here is an over view from my earlier problem HERE

This is my website Online therapy services

In the program view on various browsers, is shows as being OK, on my phone, and my friends devices it looks very bad.

Can you give any insights as to what it could be?

On a side note, after the last update I can't access the online content, only local, I still have a valid update service Until 31/05/2021

UPDATE

I seem to have been able to sort of fix it, for some people, not everyone as yet, but it took many uploads and a server reset, no Idea why it happens when I upload a new site or update it, could it be my hosting server has issues?

I still have the problem of not being able to access the online content catalogue after the update, if I reinstall it, I can use the content from the online catalogue, after installing the update, I can no longer use it, I have tried to reinstall it a few time but its still the same.

Kind regards

Ade

AMD 3950X,32GB RAM,RTX 2070, WIN 10,64

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/29/2020, 2:51 PM

@Adrian-Yates

Hi

Please do not split your question over 2 different forums, answers will be split and users who are not members of both forums will not be able to follow through what has and has not been tried.

You have already been given the solution to the issue for the 'false' font styles and I have to agree with them, your web file is OK there are no major issues with it.

However I do note you are using Google fonts which are non standard fonts on a PC or MAC.

These fonts are being embedded by Web Designer and uploaded to your site host so the viewers browser can download them, however their browser may be preventing the embedded fonts being integrated into the page for various reasons eg browser compatibility, type, security settings, and javascript. This is the most likely cause of the issue your viewers are seeing - there browser is defaulting to its default font because it cannot integrate the supplied embedded font files.

* Safari can have some issues with javascript driven web sites.

The solution is to use standard fonts that are available on a PC or MAC.

A little background information may help - once you have published your web site, when a viewer looks at the new site they may in some circumstances get a mix of the old and new this can be caused by several factors which are out of your control:

1. the viewers web browser not downloading the full new page and is using elements from its file cache.
  2. the viewers ISP is caching some pages of the website
  3. your hosting company are caching pages

In the above three cases the only resolution is for the viewer to use the Ctrl + F5 solution you have been given.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Adrian-Yates wrote on 11/29/2020, 5:28 PM

Hi John

Thank you for your reply.

I do apologise could have explained it much better, Although it is the same issue, as mentioned in the forums, this problem is with a new designed published website, the issue I was trying to fix last time, did seem to sort itself out, but this issue happened again, so I followed the same suggestions as last time stated in the forums, but with no success, I did all the usual things like CTRL F5 tried different devices and turned off the cashing on cloudflare, but nothing seem to work, so I was looking for some new ideas from people who may be more knowledgeable about this issue, as of late yesterday the site does seem to work fine.

What you pointed out with the fonts is of note, and I have changed to safe fonts, I will check what you said about my hosting server cashing files, I did not think of that, and I will look into it, that could explain why the website worked fine on another server I use.

I also think I may have seen some mixing of old and new, and as you pointed out, that this can be caused by several factors which are out of my control, that would also explain why it fixed itself after a day or so.

Thank you for giving me some interesting points to think about, maybe I will try bit more patience, rather than panic next time.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Ade