Project to large for disc

edsambuchi wrote on 9/2/2010, 4:49 PM

I created a project using Magix Extreme Photostory, mostly from video clips and some photos.  It is 1 hour and 20 min long.  The file size is 489 kb.  When I try to burn a DVD and select reasonable bitrates and speed, I get the message that "The bitrate does not require adjustment.  There is sufficient capacity on the disc".  But when I try to burn, it will not complete.  I get the message that the project requires 4650 kb and I should put in another disc or shorten the program.  I do not want to shorten the program.  I am using standard 120 min. 4.7 gb discs.  Any suggestions? 

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 9/2/2010, 7:47 PM

Hi,

I am sorry I do not use this software but I know what you are saying therefore just want to give some advice.

First of all when we make DVD we created Menu, add titles, tansitions and video clips as well as images. As in your case you are saying your project is of

One hour and twenty mintues right.

What is the capacity of DVD disc? 120 minutes (standard 4.7 GB disc) right.

Always remember keep your project below the disc GB means your project should be under 120 minutes because during bunring it need space too. But what we can do as case in yours.

If you got option in your software, something like Adjust space, even if your project is larger software will adjust it according to disc space.

Otherwise, you have to use differenct video formats such as, wav, mpeg, note avi is larger. When the video format will be change bit rate will be changed.

Please check if your software can do as above.

I wish I would have pdf help file of your software so I can guide you in details.

Hope this anwer will give you some hints.

Thank you

nihon94