Comments

SP. wrote on 9/14/2022, 7:44 AM

@Reinhard-Bruderer What is your hardware? Are all your graphic drivers up-to-date? Are all pending Windows updates installed?

Reinhard-Bruderer wrote on 9/14/2022, 9:44 AM

Yes, it's a brand-new high-performance laptop.

Device name    Beast-25X
Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics           3.30 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.4 GB usable)
Device ID   Removed by Moderator
Product ID    Removed by Moderator
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

emmrecs wrote on 9/14/2022, 10:29 AM

@Reinhard-Bruderer

With apologies, I have edited your post to remove confidential details of your computer which should never be posted to a public forum, like this one.

Have you checked that your graphics drivers are up to date, as requested by @SP.  Don't depend on Windows Updates to do this but go to the manufacturer's website and check for yourself.

My computer spec is in my signature and I experience none of the delays you are seeing.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 9/14/2022, 2:41 PM

@Reinhard-Bruderer

Hi

. . . . Magix Music Maker 2023 doesn't react when clicking around in the program . . . .

Is this with the touchpad mouse keys, USB mouse, an external wireless mouse either Bluetooth or Logitech Unified connected mouse?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Reinhard-Bruderer wrote on 9/15/2022, 5:45 AM

I'm using a USB mouse

Jay-Clark wrote on 9/23/2022, 5:36 PM

I'm having the same issue, the UI is extremely unresponsive, super slow and laggy.

My PC specs are not poor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
32.0 GB DDR4
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 11 Pro

The Graphics card is a old now GTX1080, but up to date, but still holds up well with modern gaming, this is a music application.
Razor USB Keyboard and mouse
Primary installation drive 2tb SSD

My CPU only shows usage of around 6-7%, Memory, ~8% and Gfx about 9%

Honestly its really bad, like it sucks! I can click a button and wait up to 10 seconds for anything to happen.

Also after the recent update the program is making me log in every time I start the app, its also not remembering any of my layout changes and options.

SP. wrote on 9/23/2022, 7:56 PM

@Jay-Clark Have you tried an earlier driver version for your 1080?

Fungostar wrote on 11/3/2022, 5:27 PM

I'm having the same issue, the UI is extremely unresponsive, super slow and laggy.

Hello,

I too have the same problem, MM31 purchased on 1 November, it worked extremely well

today 3 Nov the entire UI is extremely slow, same exact behaviour depicted above.

Even my specs are high, Core i9 12K, NVidia 3070 Ti, installed in the main 1 tera SSD

in case it happens the developers are reading here, I can send the log file found under C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm31, the forum doesn't let me attach it here.

Thanks,

Valerio

SP. wrote on 11/3/2022, 5:35 PM

@Fungostar I suggest you click on SUPPORT in the top menu If this page and create a support ticket. I've read some days ago that this seems to be a very rare problem and can appear if certain other applications are running in the background. This is definitely a problem where only technical support can help.

SP. wrote on 11/3/2022, 5:40 PM

@Fungostar I found the post again. Very interesting read:

Regarding your problem: Sorry to hear about this issue. We may need to further narrow this down, but from what I can see so far, what you're describing sounds like it might be a known issue that some users are experiencing that was first introduced into the software in it's previous generation 2022 (30.x) via the update 30.0.4.44. If you have been using older generations of Music Maker, maybe you can pinpoint when this started to become a problem. (Naturally not relevant if you're a completely new user.) The problematic update was then followed by another update which was supposed to address the issue in some case, but apparently didn't work for all customers. The feedback was mixed. Some seem to confirm that it completely resolves their issue, but for others the program only just becomes somewhat usable this way (compared to before) and there are still severe performance issues. I will feed this back to development accordingly.

Here's one more step you can try with the currently installed version, which (surprisingly) seemed to work for one other customer recently, but which I haven't really been able to test and verify with other users yet: Try running the program with full admin rights, by starting it via right-click "Run as administrator", rather than the usual left/double-click. Once run this way, see whether the severe performance issues and lagging user interface still persist. Maybe this is some issue of rights, process priorities etc.

Other than that, there are now different directions to go from here. As another step in diagnostics, and as a temporary work-around solution, you could perform a downgrade to the version (30.0.3.39) immediately before the problematic patch (30.0.4.44) again. In order to do this, please uninstall your current 64bit Music Maker and install version 30.0.3.39 from this link:

http://dl04.magix.net/2021/MusicMaker30/Music_Maker_30.0.3.39_INT_210927_16-17_82878DA2.exe

An early idea to explain why only some users are affected by this, and something that recently came to my attention again via a recent support case, was that this is some kind of software conflict with another application or component. Probably not just any single application, but a certain category of applications that uses a specific category of technology (e.g. software also using Qt as graphical user interface technology). I had one user tracing back this issue to a screen magnifying tool, as well as screen reading software (which was indeed actually Microsoft's own Narrator). Can you think of any software you're running (in the background or side-by-side with Music Maker) that may be causing something like this? Cause this might be an interesting lead for us to pursue as well.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/musicmaker-2023-is-extremely-slow-on-new-and-super-fast-windows-11-pc--1307426/?page=2#ca1821689

Fungostar wrote on 11/3/2022, 5:51 PM

Thank you!

unfortunately this doesn't seems to apply to me...

I did actually an upgrade, but straight from 29 to 31 and in the first few tries two days ago it was working nicely

I also have nothing special running apart Firefox and the usual things in background like Steam, Epic, Skype, Outlook

in my opinion it is related to something MM is doing in background, but of counrse no way to tell what it is doing... surpringly playing with a midi controller is responsive as usual, only (!) the UI is unusable

SP. wrote on 11/3/2022, 5:59 PM

@Fungostar Interestingly I had similar problems with Native Instruments Kontakt. The GUI didn't respond and the program crashed. I had just reinstalled Windows and all drivers from scratch, so it wasn't caused by any other program or broken Windows settings. I found out the problem was my Nvidia graphics driver. The newest version just crashed the program on my system configuration. As soon as I uninstalled the driver Windows automatically installed an older version which runs completely fine.

derchris wrote on 11/8/2022, 11:36 AM

Hello,

I came to this post as I also had severe performance issues after I purchased MM2023.
Specs wise I couldn't see any issues:
Ryzen 9 3950X, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080 Super

Reading through this thread, I was looking at the previous post, where it was suggested to run with Admin rights.
And have to say this was working for me.

So not sure what it is, but this needs fixing.

SP. wrote on 11/8/2022, 4:46 PM

@derchris Does it still run slow without admin rights? This would be interesting to know. Is you Nvidia driver set to maximum performance? Are you Windows energy settings set to maximum performance? Maybe it has something to do with these settings.

derchris wrote on 11/8/2022, 5:19 PM

Correct, can only run smooth with admin rights

SP. wrote on 11/8/2022, 6:34 PM

@derchris Ok, does it help if you temporarily disable Windows Defender or Antivirus? If you run a program as administrator they usually do not interfere as much as running it with simple user privileges. It would be nice to know if Windows security mechanisms are a factor here.

derchris wrote on 11/8/2022, 7:51 PM

I don't have Win Def. or any AntiVi running

emmrecs wrote on 11/9/2022, 7:50 AM

@derchris

Unless you are very "fortunate"/lucky you cannot avoid Win Def running! It is now a core feature of Win 10 and, presumably Win 11.

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Reuben-K wrote on 11/11/2022, 3:01 AM

I Am extremely annoyed because I too am experiencing this lag on a high end laptop. Tried running in administrator mode and the lag was gone for about 5 seconds. Now its back to its laggy self.

johnebaker wrote on 11/11/2022, 6:31 AM

@Reuben-K

Hi

What changed on the laptop between being OK and getting laggy, eg Windows or program update?

Is the lag related just to Music Maker, which version number (?), or other programs as well.

Is Windows, which version (?) up to date and are there any Windows updates pending a restart of the laptop?

Are you switching off the laptop, ie not sleeping/hibernating or just closing the screen when finished with it for the day?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Maridany wrote on 8/7/2023, 9:49 AM

I was experiencing the same issue, but starting the program via "Run as administrator" worked for me! :D

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 10:19 AM

@Maridany By now we found out, that this problem is caused by the text cursor indicator. You need to disable it in the Windows system settings.

michael-kollar wrote on 10/14/2023, 1:57 AM

Well, I loaded the free version for now on 2 computers. First one is a high end ASUS ZenBook pro. Intel I9 with 32 gigs of memory. Music maker will not run on this computer. Slow and takes forever to respond to mouse clicks 1oo% of the time. I also loaded it onto a cheapo palm sized mini computer that cost $160 on amazon. Music Maker works great on that one..... so frustrating.

michael-kollar wrote on 10/14/2023, 2:07 AM

OMG!!!! I looked at the comment avove my last comment above.... the suggestion to turn of "text curser indicator" in widows. It literally took me 30 seconds to do this and INSTANTLY, Music Maker runs quick and easy like a normal program on my high end ZenBook Pro...... Whooo Hoooo. Skip the other suggestions. Thanks SP