PROBLEMS with playback

busybee wrote on 3/20/2009, 1:11 PM
I used movie edit pro 14 to create a photo story with a couple of music. I like all the effects like movement, transitions and etc. However, when I preview it, the movie doesn't play smoothly. It skip, pause and jump. But, some parts just playing perfectly fine like a real movie.

Please help if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 3/23/2009, 12:33 PM
Hi there,

I assume we're exclusively talking about the preview within the program. This is probably just a real-time preview performance issue. I don't know anything about your computer's specs and how they could be improved for better editing in MEP, but you could try eliminating other applications and background tasks while you're working with Movie Edit Pro. Also, in the program settings ("Y" key on the keyboard), you will find various options to increase preview performance by sacrificing a little preview quality. That also might help, if a smooth preview is important to you. Ultimately, this might not be a big issue, since the rendered results (e.g. on your final DVD) will probably be just fine, which is what really matters, as far as I'm concerned.

fillcakes wrote on 4/22/2009, 3:30 AM
I have had the very same problem using v15 and I've noticed a particular event that causes this.
I've completed a fairly complex video up to about 8 minutes long and it previews OK (using half resolution option) then when I add a particualr sound file say mp3 or wave format the preview then collapses from that addition onwards. I've tried disabling other tracks, running the new sound track on its own, but still the preview is jumpy, stutters along.
I'm going to take the technical people to task on this problem because it happens on other products and I think the industry knows about this.