Problem with playback of DVD (stops and starts evert 2 seconds) after converting from Hi8 with Magix Rescue Your Videotapes product

hawksteve wrote on 11/9/2008, 1:06 PM
I have just converted a Hi8 tape to a DVD via my pc.  I used the usb into the computer and the 3 cable (red, white and yellow) into my Hi8 camcorder.  The tape seemed to download on to the pc ok.  I then burnt it to DVD-R disc.
When I put it into my DVD player and played it back, every 1.5 to 2 seconds it would stop for a fraction of a second and then continue, this was the case for the whole 1 hour recording.  It reminded me of a video on a computer buffering and re starting constantly as can happen with some videos when played on a computer.  Any ideas?  ps. The Magix product I am referring to is called Rescue Your Videotapes , this does not appear as an option on the drop down list of Magix products.  Therefore I have had to select Movie Edit Pro which is the nearest thing to it I would assume.

Comments

Morbotron wrote on 11/10/2008, 8:58 AM
I guess first you'd want to check the DVD on another DVD player to see if it plays ok there, as well as on the DVD drive of your computer - you could play it on VLC, if you don't already have a program that plays DVDs. You can download VLC Player for free from:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

This way, you can tell if there is a problem with the DVD itself, or if your DVD player is having problems reading it.

If the DVD plays choppy everywhere, then I would ask how fast you burned the DVD. Keep in mind to not burn faster than x4 DVD speed because burning too fast results in readability problems.