problem with loading a site

graham-justice wrote on 6/4/2022, 11:43 PM

I have five sites.

1 Constructive presentation

2 ross

3 wondermagicfactory

4 Enigma overview

5 enigma overview

I can load only two onto my xara designer Constructive presentation and Enigma overview

When I try to load wonder magic factory it goes so far then freezes and I have to reboot to continue viewing my laptop Ross I get Error as screenshot attached. all others load ok

I am on Windows 10 my xara is Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0.49270  DL x64 Mar 30 2017 not sure why this is as i paid for an updated version

files attatched

I tried to send you the folder with all my file for all sites but cant do this

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/5/2022, 6:52 AM

@graham-justice

Hi

. . . . I tried to send you the folder with all my file for all sites but cant do this . . . .

Please note this is a user to user forum not Magix Support, so you cannot send upload anything, other than images, audio and video clips.

The issue you are having suggests either:

1. The project files were created with the later version of Web Designer - though the message you should get is normally different* - unless.

2. The project files with the issues are corrupt, if you have backup copies try loading them.

3. An item or items used in the site is missing - again the message you should get is normally different*.

* the messages in more modern versions of Web Designer may be different from those in v12 which is no longer supported and may have support issues with the current feature set of jQuery upon which the generated sites run.

. . . . I am on Windows 10 my xara is Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0.49270  DL x64 Mar 30 2017 not sure why this is as i paid for an updated version . . .

Did you download and install the newer version and which version is it ?

If so it will have a separate menu item in Windows Start menu.

If you are double clicking the project file to open the program and it is opening in version 12 then the file association is incorrectly linked with v12. Though a useful feature with some programs this method of opening files can causes a 'timing' issue where the project loads before the program is fully ready.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.