Pro Edit 12 Hangs On CHecking limitations

suzymatthews wrote on 1/5/2009, 3:01 PM
Movie Pro Edit 12 Hangs On Checking limitations does anyone know an answer to this (AMD 64 ATHLON X2  Windows Vista Home Premium )

After loads of research i have managed now to get onto Pro 12, to do this i had to download Katmai commander, then the unlockmaster. The first few attempts at this did'nt work,  then finally it did work. (These downloads can be found under tools) I have now another problem after putting together my video i found it will not burn to a DVD. After checking it out i found i had to do another download for this, but unfortunately the download site is no longer available so now i'm getting rather fed up with it. Starting to wish i had'nt bought it.
Have now "uninstalled" Pro 12 as it is causing no end of problems, ie other programes crashing now etc. Have downloadsd everything i can to try and get it working correctly but i still have bad picture quality and it will not burn. The imported video colours are not correct (they are before import) and they run into each other. I have tried the download suggested below as well and still no joy. Have never had so many problems as i did before uninstall. PC is now working as it should be, so i think i have wasted my money. Have also tried this on my XP computer with the same results. This is why i now give up.

Comments

haukeye wrote on 1/20/2009, 7:58 PM

I have the same problem only with Movie Edit Pro 12. I just upgraded my computer and I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Are you also running 64bit OS. I have not been able to start the program as I cannot get past the limatations either.

John

chirva_a_s wrote on 1/25/2009, 3:24 AM
All DualCore AMD processors for normal work demand installation of the special OPTIMIZATION driver.

Here that the manufacturer of processors speaks about this problem:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

download driver (1.1.4)