Pre-Magix Acid 7 box registration

peter-malinoski wrote on 4/20/2017, 7:54 AM

I recently bought a boxed CD of Acid Pro 7 from a Hal Leonard store, it was unopened and dated 2014- all very legit. I installed it on my Windows 7, 64 bit system and it seems to work fine. I registered it through the program's menu prompt at Sony Creative- the authorization seemed to work and upon boot-up my name displays as the registered user. However, I also keep getting a warning that It is not completely authorized and then when I visit the registration site again, (at SCS) I get a count down of the days I have left to to fully authorize before it stops- as if it were a trial version. Meanwhile, Magix states simply that it will be "some time" before it receives the registration info from SCS, all the while I wait and watch the days tick away before my software is blocked? I went ahead and registered this boxed version of Acid 7 with Magix, but since it wasn't downloaded from their site it seems to have fallen into the limbo crack... and Magix's customer service is non-existent. So, what is going to happen? Does any of this matter? Will my software stop working when the trial time runs out or will it continue on forever with an annoying message every time it starts? Does Magix need to "un-block" it?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/20/2017, 12:02 PM

Hi

Check that the software has registered correctly:

1. Browse to magix.com, click the My Account icon top right of the home page.

2. Login with your email address and password then click My Products.

3. This will take you to your registered products page.

Note - you can also try manually registering the product, however

. . . . seems to have fallen into the limbo crack . . . .

Quite possibly - you have not bought the software from Magix but Sony, AFAIK only existing registered software users and data were transferred over to Magix.

If the above fails Email sales at magix.com and explain the problem.

Personally I would take it back to the store and demand your money back, and download the latest version direct from Magix.

John EB.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

peter-malinoski wrote on 4/20/2017, 3:16 PM

Thanks johnebaker, my software is registered in My Products, I had registered it manually previously.

Since I didn't purchase the software from Magix I am not privy to the email, so, after endless attempts to establish contact via phone... (boy howdy that's some fun!) I got through to an actual and helpful human who let me know that this is a known, if rare, issue that has to do with the program's registry, and he sent me a fix.

I also learned that the prompt for activation was actually just an annoyance and since I did in fact register the software I was in the clear and could have just ignored that "please activate before..." field I was getting on startup and my software would have been fine, i.e. it was already out of trial mode.

I bought the CD copy of the software because I plan to use it pretty much forever, long past this computer and others to follow. What happened to SCS and the potential disappearance of old software / hosting sites in general is a good reason why I like to have the hard copy.

johnebaker wrote on 4/20/2017, 3:32 PM

Hi

Thanks for letting us know.

Happy editing

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.