Pops / Clicks when Exporting Wavs

SporkimusPrime wrote on 1/2/2023, 10:58 AM

Been Trying to make my own samples / drum loops etc. So I have really been annoyed lately win Acid Pro 11 (and it seems to only happen with it not Acid Pro 10), where I will build a 4 bar drum loop or something, export it as wave to have the first sub kick or something have an audible pop or click in it--essentially ruining the drum loop. I can try my best to clean it up in audacity, but it shows clearly like the 5th or 6th sine wave having a right angle in it lol. Anyways, wondering if any of you have had this issue? I am exporting at 24-bit / 96kHz

Comments

SporkimusPrime wrote on 1/2/2023, 1:17 PM

I THINK I found the culprit. This Tape Mello-FI plugin by Arturia. Acid renders pops at the same time in the track every time. You can see the plugins go to work when Acid renders (like a realtime render but sped up) and I wonder if the track initializes like a second too late. Doesn't do it in Ableton, but I got rid of it by removing that plugin. Kinda sucks, I love that to warm my drum tracks.

sheppo wrote on 1/3/2023, 4:31 AM

Hi @SporkimusPrime, Interesting, I've not seen that particular issue, but I don't use that plugin. Plugin latency definitely can be an issue in Acid though. For example, i find if I have an audio bus and add any iZotope plugin to it it adds latency that Acid doesn't compensate for. If put the same plugin on a event fx, track fx, or master bus fx I don't see the latency issue.

If you're using track, or event FX you can try deselecting the following option. Options -> Preferences -> Audio Device - > Enable Track Buffering (although, I would expect this to only affect the latency when playing back audio, not rendering it. But, if it works okay, a realtime render might suffice).

SporkimusPrime wrote on 1/3/2023, 5:55 AM

Thanks @sheppo! Yeah I have had issues with iZotope as well. One of the glaring issues is the limiter floor just not working. I have a lot better luck using AM-Unition. This is on master bus. I do both of these on Master. I will try a realtime render! Appreciate the response.