Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/1/2019, 4:15 AM

@George-Felton

Hi

. . . . video I made with Photostory Deluxe will not play on my Sony DVR player . . . .

Did you create a DVD disc from within Photostory?

If not what steps are you taking from Photostory to playing in the DVR.

Photostory creates region free discs which should play in any DVD or BD player. If you are exporting the movie to a video file and then either:

1. burning the file to disc - this will create a data disc which the player may not recognise

or

2. using another program to create a DVD disc - this may be adding the wrong region code

Another possibility is that the discs are not compatible with the player - what brand/type are you using?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

George-Felton wrote on 12/1/2019, 7:59 AM

As stated in my original the DVD player is a Sony DVD player. It will not play on this device but plays ok on the computer.

George-Felton wrote on 12/1/2019, 9:48 AM

The DVD won't play on either the Sony DVP SR510H or a Samsung DVD player. Message is "Thin DVD will not play on check TV. Something is wrong with the burning process. Maybe I will have to use Windows Media player to burn, just hoped that it would be a quick and easy process on Photostory Deluxe. Am I talking to a real person on this site, or a computer?

George-Felton wrote on 12/1/2019, 9:52 AM

Another question. When my slideshow finishes, it does not end but continues to run forever. How do make it end at the end of the last slide?

emmrecs wrote on 12/1/2019, 12:04 PM

@George-Felton

Please re-read the first reply you received from @johnebaker. He asked you certain quite specific questions about your DVD production process. That information is necessary if anyone is going to be able to help you.

Your mention of using Windows Media player to burn your disc strongly suggests you have actually created an .iso file and are then using it to create the disc, perhaps with third-party software that is leading to the problem you have. Speaking personally, I would not even consider using WMP to burn a DVD; I'm not even sure it can.

Your final post makes very little sense, unfortunately. Or are you saying that what actually happens is after the last slide has been shown the presentation starts again at the first slide, IOW it is "looping"? If so, I suspect you are doing what another user requested help in doing; please see https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/burning-slideshow-to-disc--1233615/ and make sure the boxed that she was told to tick is, for you, unticked.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

George-Felton wrote on 12/1/2019, 1:50 PM

I Am following the steps as they appear in the burning process.See Earlier post which show the dvd equipment which it will not run on. When you proceed to burn a disk Photostory walks you a series of steps, which I am following. Can you enlighten me on which steps are needed to make a successful DVD that will play?. As you can see I am not a computer guro, very amateur.

When you play the slide show on the Photostory program the vertical line that moves with the show just keeps moving at the end of the slides.

I am desperately trying to make this work, and am hoping you can help identify what I am doing wrong

Thanks

johnebaker wrote on 12/1/2019, 2:24 PM

@George-Felton

Hi

. . . . hoping you can help identify what I am doing wrong . . . .

Hopefully we can help you, however we need specific information:-

. . . . the steps as they appear in the burning process . . .

At each of these steps there are decisions/choices to be made, when you click the Burn button which disc type have you selected, DVD, AVCHD or BluRay?

Did you change any of the settings before or after selecting the disc type?

What make and type of discs, eg DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, BD-R or BD-RE?

. . . . When you play the slide show on the Photostory program the vertical line that moves with the show just keeps moving at the end of the slides . . . .

Assuming you are working in Timeline mode, if not switch to Timeline mode, press the End key on your keyboard - this will jump the timeline cursor to the actual end of the movie - I suspect you will find an image, video clip or audio file there - check all tracks and remove any stray objects or move them to the end of the actual movie if they are part of it.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

George-Felton wrote on 12/1/2019, 3:01 PM

CD button, Only other two choices are Blue Ray which I do not have Use DVD-R disk,

Thanks so much for your patience.

George

johnebaker wrote on 12/1/2019, 8:14 PM

@George-Felton

Hi George

. . . . CD button, Only other two choices are Blue Ray which I do not have Use DVD-R disk . . . .

From the above you are creating the wrong type of disc, ie a Video CD (VCD) - this format is not supported by many DVD players and would also explain the 'Thin DVD . . . .' error message from the Samsung player.

In Photostory, versions 2013 through to 2020, clicking the Burn option indicated below

Opens the Disc menu dialog where you can select and edit the disc menu that will be created, when I click the green burn button in the image below, this is what the Disc Selection dialog looks like

As you can see there is no CD option.

Here you select the DVD option, another dialog DVD burning will open, click the Burn button, do not change any of the settings, and Photostory will create the disc complete with menu system which should play in any DVD player.

Note: if your dialogs and screens do not look similar to the above - there will be some variation in the main screen however the burn dialogs are almost identical for all versions of Photostory from versions 2013 to 2020 - what is the full name and version number of the program as found under Help, About . . . ?

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/1/2019, 8:17 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

George-Felton wrote on 12/2/2019, 12:13 PM

ZZZ

I am using Dynex DVD-R 16x. Attached default gives option to use PAL. I thought that the USA had a different format for DVDx. Also the only option other than Blue ray are for CRT TVs, which are almost nonexistent in the USA Again thanks for your patience, I really want to make this work

George

browj2 wrote on 12/2/2019, 12:50 PM

@George-Felton

Hi George,

Since you are in the USA, you should use the NTSC setting, which is likely why you have the Region problem.

Under Preset in your image, open the popdown where it says Standard DVD PAL widescreen and select Standard DVD NTSC widescreen.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Cindy-Eisberg wrote on 1/7/2020, 6:06 PM

I have the same problem. I followed directions and burned a DVD-R for a DVD player. (I used to use windows movie maker until microsoft stopped supporting it) This is very similar so it was fairly easy for me to do. However, the burned DVD plays on my computer but when I try to play it in the DVD player on the TV the message says 'the disc cannot be played, please check the tv system'. Took it out and put in a DVD-R of an old slide show I burned with windows movie maker and it plays just fine. HELP!

George-Felton wrote on 1/7/2020, 7:06 PM

Hi George,

Since you are in the USA, you should use the NTSC setting, which is likely why you have the Region problem.

Under Preset in your image, open the popdown where it says Standard DVD PAL widescreen and select Standard DVD NTSC widescreen.

I cannot find the preset manager "in my image". Can you clarify?

browj2 wrote on 1/7/2020, 11:37 PM

@George-Felton

George,

I repeat, in your image, at the top, it says Preset and below that is a box that says "Standard DVD PAL Widescreen" and there is a popdown arrow button at the right of this. Click on it to see the other Presets. I did not use the term "preset manager."

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

emmrecs wrote on 1/8/2020, 4:11 AM

@Cindy-Eisberg

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Please follow the instructions in @browj2's post directly above yours to ensure you are burning a disc in the correct format for whichever part of the world you live. Basically, USA requires NTSC, Europe requires PAL.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Cindy-Eisberg wrote on 1/8/2020, 3:46 PM

Jeff,

I set the encoder setting to Standard DVD NTSC, burned another DVD.....still won't play in my DVD player. Same message as the last DVD.

johnebaker wrote on 1/9/2020, 9:55 AM

@Cindy-Eisberg

. . . . ' the burned DVD plays on my computer but when I try to play it in the DVD player on the TV the message says 'the disc cannot be played, please check the tv system . . . .

The message would suggest that the disc is not compatible with the player.

What make discs are you using?

Is the latest disc burned to the same make, type and batch as the old disc?

Which disc menu template are you using for the DVD?

John EB

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/9/2020, 9:56 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

athenahoros-p wrote on 3/14/2020, 7:12 AM

@George-Felton

Please re-read the first reply you received from @johnebaker. He asked you certain quite specific questions about your DVD production process. That information is necessary if anyone is going to be able to help you.

Your mention of using Windows Media player to burn your disc strongly suggests you have actually created an .iso file and are then using it to create the disc, perhaps with third-party software that is leading to the problem you have. Speaking personally, I would not even consider using WMP to burn a DVD; I'm not even sure it can.

Your final post makes very little sense, unfortunately. Or are you saying that what actually happens is after the last slide has been shown the presentation starts again at the first slide, IOW it is "looping"? If so, I suspect you are doing what another user requested help in doing; please see https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/nostringsattached-review/ and make sure the boxed that she was told to tick is, for you, unticked.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thank you for recommendation, it's relevant for me