Photostory slideshow deluxe audio

George-Felton wrote on 6/22/2020, 3:15 PM

Is it possible to adjust the audio in PS Delux? I thought it could be done but the only thing I can find is to change the overall volume? When I have my slideshow in place and when I click on the effects/audio,nothing comes up. I would like to change the volume in only certain parts of the slideshow. Thanks for any help. What am I doing wrong? I have Windows 10 latest. Do I need an update for the Majix program?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/23/2020, 4:58 AM

@George-Felton

I just checked this in PS Deluxe Version 19.0.2.46, the latest, but I would be very surprised if it is any different in an earlier version.

Right-click on the audio object you wish to change and choose "Volume curve>displaying". This will add a green line to the upper edge of the audio object> You will then need to zoom in, I think, to select the exact point at which you want to change the volume. Left-click at the precise point you want to add a keyframe (it will look like a very small dot on the green line). Select the next point where you want to make a change, repeat the procedure to create another keyframe. Now if you select again any of these keyframes and drag it down (or up) you will see the green Volume line moves in the area between the keyframes, or between the keyframe and the end of the volume curve/line if there are no more keyframes created.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

George-Felton wrote on 6/23/2020, 6:57 AM

Thank you Jeff, that is the answer I was looking for. Shoulda figured that out myself. Are there and good youtube video tutorials on this program that you could recommend?

johnebaker wrote on 6/23/2020, 8:03 AM

@George-Felton

Hi

See the tutorials by @browj2 on Youtube here

A lot of the features of Movie Edit Pro are also applicable to Photostory, where functions etc are may be in different places, however there is the manual available under Help tutorials to find them once you have seen them in use.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.