PhotoStory on CD & DVD 10 Deluxe

Ed-Merritt wrote on 10/16/2023, 9:14 AM

I purchased this software years ago and am trying to reinstall on my computer from the Magix website. It appears to download to my computer fine but when I goto install it, it ask what language and I click english and then it goes to the download screen an it disappears and will not install on my computer??

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2023, 9:27 AM

@Ed-Merritt

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The latest incarnation of the software you have is called Photostory Deluxe 2024 and is actually version 23. So, your version 10 is now very old, unfortunately.

As a result, it is highly likely that its installer is not compatible with recent builds of Windows 10 and 11. Which version and build of Windows do you have?

Given the age of your software I suspect it may be seeking for settings and protocols within Windows that simply no longer exist. In particular, settings related to internet security protocols. I will tag @johnebaker because he has much greater knowledge of these protocols and settings than I have.

From what you write, it seems no error message is displayed, is that correct?

Sorry to not be able to offer better news for you. 🙁

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ed-Merritt wrote on 10/16/2023, 10:04 AM

I have latest version of windows 10.

Ed-Merritt wrote on 10/16/2023, 10:09 AM

If I have to use the new version, can I receive that free or for a discount considering the old version that I’ve owned doesn’t work and hasn’t been updated?

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2023, 2:22 PM

@Ed-Merritt

No-one is saying you have to use the new version but as the owner of an earlier version of Photostory you are entitled to the upgrade price for the latest version. You may need to use the serial key for your old version as "proof" of your entitlement to the upgrade price. You can find that price at the foot of this page.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam