Photostory DVD Photo Archive/Folder

PRODROMOS wrote on 3/2/2012, 9:41 AM

Hi everyone,

Newbie to Magix Photostory v10 CD/DVD Deluxe.  I have a question.  I searched the site, but was unable to find exactly what I was looking for (unless I didn't use the approprate search words), but if there's something out there already, please feel free to refer me to it.

I'm embarking on creating multiple slideshows, after which, they will be placed onto a DVD/Blu-Ray disc.  Each slide show will be a menu item (so menu page will have listing of slideshows).

What I haven't been able to find information on is the following:

I want the user to be able to access the photos outside of the slideshows and be able to view via DVD or print off the disc via PC.  I don't want the user to have to extract the picture from the respective slideshow.  So I would like the DVD menu page to be like this:

1. Slideshow 01
  2. Slideshow 02
  3. Slideshow 03
  4. Pictures Folder (can view each picture (no slideshow) but also access via PC and print)

I'm doing the DVDs for my kids, and I want them to be able to print the pictures they want and be able to create their own physical albums/scrapbooks with as little hassle as possible.

So tell me is this even possible and if so how?  I mean it should be no different than archiving all the photos or setting up a photo album on the disc?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/7/2012, 4:45 PM

Hi

I have Magix Movie Edit Pro however may be I can point you in the right direction assuming there is a commonality between Magix video software.

What you are trying to create is a mixed mode DVD which will play in a DVD player, computer and contain other files.

In the Burn dialog look for an option to 'Add files'  If it is their than you can add the image files to the disc.

If the option is not there then there is a longer way round to get both video and files onto a DVD which involves using some other DVD burning software eg Nero or Starburn (free).

Create the slide show and burn to DVD as normal except do not put a DVD in the burner.  When prompted to insert a disk cancel the burn.  Locate the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders that have been created and copy them to another folder you have created, let us say you call it 'Slideshow', on your computer.

Createan 'images' folder inside the 'Slideshow' folder and copy the images into it.  You should now have three folders.

Using Nero or some other burning software, set it up to burn a DVD put the AUDIO_TS and Video_TS folders and the images folder as seen in the image - this is the structure of a multi mode disc created this way using Nero - note my folder is called activities.

The images folder must be in the root of the DVD and not inside the AUDIO_TS or VIDEO_TS folders

The part you will not be able to do (AFAIK) is have a menu item open the file folder.  This will have to be browsed to using Windows Explorer.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/7/2012, 4:48 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

PRODROMOS wrote on 3/10/2012, 4:51 PM

Thanks Johnebaker.  I'll try a test run of this and I'll let you know how it turns out.