Photostory Deluxe 2024 - Update 23.0.1.159

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 9/14/2023, 8:21 AM

Dear Community,

We are very happy to present the new patch for PhotoStory Deluxe 2024 to you. This patch brings a variety of improvements and optimizations.

Here is an overview of the issues that have been addressed and the improvements made:

Fixes:

• UHD export of panoramas with camera/zoom movement
  • Portrait photos - rotated import
  • Crash - Drag&Drop in Storyboard
  • Thumbnails in timeline are not fetched
  • Title tab cannot be scrolled completely
  • Preview monitor - menu not operable

Improvements:

• Localization "Next" and "Back" in Onboarding
  • Adapt Explorer header to the new design
  • Photo Explorer - icons in MAGIX Hub folder
  • Improve visibility of file names in Photo Explorer
  • Title tab graphic for edit title missing
  • ChromaKey dialog - behavior when changing effects

We take pride in the continuous development of our software, and your feedback has contributed to making Photostory deluxe 2024 even better. We hope you enjoy this update.

Thank you

Comments

zoro2 wrote on 9/15/2023, 7:42 PM

I've bought it but it doesn't work properly. Module mfc140u.dll won't allow me to open templates and crashes the program. I can't get Help to work or Context Help to work so right now its no use to me.

Photostory 2023 worked fine.

Bol wrote on 9/16/2023, 6:15 AM

@zoro2

Hello Zoro2,

...Module mfc140u.dll does not allow me to open templates and crashes the program.....

This could mean that you do not have the latest Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2022 installed? You can download it from here: Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2022.

It could also be that the files are damaged. Then click on repair.

Help / ?help doesn't work for me either, just like the Context help, giving this error message. see image. I think this is a program bug

Best wishes
Rob

Last changed by Bol on 9/16/2023, 6:43 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Als een kwestie onoplosbaar lijkt, komt dat niet omdat je de oplossing niet ziet, maar omdat je het probleem niet ziet.

If an issue seems unsolvable, it is not because you do not see the solution, but because you do not see the problem.

PC -1-

PC -2-

zoro2 wrote on 9/16/2023, 10:59 PM

Hi Bol

Thank you for all your help but unfortunately, I still have the problem. I did the repair first and nothing changed so then I downloaded the Visual C both 64 & 86 as you had highlighted. but nothing changed still the program crashed.

Ive uninstalled photoshop and re downloaded but it still gives me the same error. Its very strange because Magix Movie edite pro works fine and the templates. I also tried going back to my Photostory 2023 and the templates worked their too.so Im just about to give up I cant seem to resolve this issue.

Thanks again for your help Im most grateful

I dont know what to do anymore Ive spent 4 days so fare and got nowhere.

Bob

Bol wrote on 9/17/2023, 7:30 AM

@zoro2

Hello Bob,

It's a pity that my answer does not appear to be the solution. Another thing you could try is to delete the Cache folder. The Cache folder is automatically created again after deletion.

Best wishes
Rob

P.S. Have you restarted your computer completely?

Last changed by Bol on 9/17/2023, 7:43 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Als een kwestie onoplosbaar lijkt, komt dat niet omdat je de oplossing niet ziet, maar omdat je het probleem niet ziet.

If an issue seems unsolvable, it is not because you do not see the solution, but because you do not see the problem.

PC -1-

PC -2-

zoro2 wrote on 9/17/2023, 11:23 PM

Hi Bol

Thank you again for your help its most appreciated.

I deleted the Cache and shut down the computer completely.

Then restarted the computer went to Photostory delux 2024. It launched first time and I thought that was a good start because it usually wont load on first attempt it crashes and has to be relaunched.

then after checking music, Fx and Titles to see if they had all loaded and they had.

I went to Templates. It came back with the same Error Mfc140u.dll etc.

I noticed in your list under common you have a few extra folders. CategoryDataBase, Database, metaData, proxy.

Im missing all of those folders. Should I have them?

With Visual C do I need the X86 version? As it wasn't on the computer only had the 64 version and when I downloaded the 64 version it ended up on the computer twice so I deleted one so it wouldn't interfere with anything. I'm not sure if I did the right thing? I'm not up on software or programs and how windows runs.

I sent a request for help from Magix the same day as I put it up on the forum but haven't had any response nor to the crash logs.

Its strange how if I go back to Photostory Delux 2023 it runs okay and also Movie Edit pro 2021. Both load templates without an issue. I've searched windows and the mfc files seem to be in the right place. Its just with this programme its as though somethings stopping it from loading. If I go to a old file that I have from 2023 version of a slide show I've made and load it. It runs perfectly with all the wipes templates music etc.

If I can't get this resolved It looks like the end of the road for me with Magix photostory and I'll just have to go back to 2023 and see if I can get a refund for 2024 as it doesn't work. I'd prefer to get it working as I like the programme.

Again, many thanks for your assistance.

Regards Bob from Australia.

emmrecs wrote on 9/18/2023, 5:31 AM

@zoro2

I sent a request for help from Magix

To where, exactly, did you send this request?

For problems like this you need to create a Support Ticket, starting from the Support Link in the header of any forum page. Just make sure you fully complete each subsequent page and always choose the option to Contact/Email Support, not visit the forums!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Bol wrote on 9/18/2023, 6:19 AM

@zoro2

Hello Bob,

I was happy to try to help you. Unfortunately, I was unable to do this. An answer to your question: "I saw in your list under common that you have a few extra folders such as CategoryDataBase, Database, metaData, proxy", I don't have those. I suspect that you have sent the error message (crash logs) to Magix Germany from the "Photostory" program. If that is the case, you as a user will never receive an answer.

My advice is now the same as that of @emmrecs. It is best to contact Magix Support

Good luck,
Rob from the Netherlands

PC -1-

PC -2-

zoro2 wrote on 9/18/2023, 6:31 PM

Hi Jeff and Bol

Thank you both for your information.

I did mention to Bol in my last message that I'd contacted Magix Support and got a message back with a Ticket number and a message saying. " Your Email will soon be answered by one of our employees". But that's a week tomorrow and no one has contacted me. I would like to resolve this issue because I like the programme but if I don't get a reply soon and resolve the issue than I'll ask for a refund and try to find another photo programme that will do the same as Photostory.

Thank you both for your input to my problem I'm most grateful.

Kind regards Bob

emmrecs wrote on 9/19/2023, 4:18 AM

@zoro2

If you have not yet received any reply following the email with the ticket number simply reply to that email and ask "What is happening?".

Did they ask you to download, install and run their SysCheck program? If so, did you do so? Its purpose is to allow them to "look in depth" at your computer and helps to analyse what the cause of your problem with PS may be.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Bol wrote on 9/19/2023, 6:06 AM

@zoro2

Hello Bob,

I completely agree with @emmrecs (Jeff) answer. I think your problem is a Windows problem and not Photostory Deluxe 2024

Best wishes
Rob

Last changed by Bol on 9/19/2023, 6:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

PC -1-

PC -2-

zoro2 wrote on 9/19/2023, 5:51 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies.

They haven't been in touch so no I haven't been asked to download the Syscheck .

I wonder how its a windows problem when according to the test I've run on windows all Check out okay each time. And why would the previous programmes for Photostory the templates work as they do in Movie edit pro.

Thanks again I do hope Magix gets in touch soon as I'm about to give up its a week now and I've got nowhere.

Kind regards

Bob

Bol wrote on 9/20/2023, 5:01 PM

@zoro2

Hello Bob,

If I read correctly, you created a ticket on September 18, 2023. Magix Support usually responds between 5-7 business days. I would say just wait and see.

It may be that remnants of old Photostory are causing you the problems. My advice, remove all older Photostory versions from your computer and then install Photostory 2024.

Best wishes
Rob

PC -1-

PC -2-

zoro2 wrote on 9/20/2023, 8:06 PM

Hi Bol

I received the SysCheck this morning and have run the check and sent the zip file back . So now I'll wait for hopefully a good outcome.

Thank you for all your great help its been good talking with you. I can let you know the outcome if you Like.

Kind Regards

Bob

dirk-saeys wrote on 10/27/2023, 4:00 AM

Upgrade from 2023 to 2024 experience.
I had created a slideshow of roughly 1600 photos in UHD/4K format intermixes with a small number of videos.
On the previous export HVEC using Mulitiple GPU ran under the hour (< 60 minutes)

Using the new version (using the same options (Multiple GPU) the process took almost 5 hours to complete (5 times slower).
Has anybody experienced the same ? (my system is a 12th generation Intel Core i9-12900K, 16 cores) with a builtin UHD Graphics 770 GPU , 64Gb memory, + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti graphics card)

Also "The advanced settings" option is not available anymore (below extract of the relevent part of the manual)
and is not accessible!

HEVC Encoder
In the "Advanced Settings" you can make detailed adjustments to the HEVC data flow. The
advanced settings are divided into "Video", "Audio", and "Multiplexer". Below is an explanation of all
the settings that can be changed.
Open advanced settings: File > Export > Video as HEVC > Advanced

dirk-saeys wrote on 10/27/2023, 4:19 AM

Request for future improvement:
I made a slide show with a small number of videos integrated in between fotos. There is also sound track.
I use the "decrease volume .. " (from popup menu audio and waveform display or effects menues) (whilst selected) the video to decrease the volume of the other sound tracks (in my case the sound track).. in order to prioritize the sound of the video. This works fine .. but the slightest change to slide show (add or remove foto, change the view or transition lenght of a preceding foto) does not move the "demped section" during the video display along. So you end to have to do a reset of the volume curve and start over again to do "decrease volume" on all video sections.

johnebaker wrote on 10/27/2023, 7:00 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hi

. . . . using the same options (Multiple GPU) the process took almost 5 hours to complete (5 times slower). . . .

In the program settings, Device options tab, if the Video mode option is set to the Intel UHD 770, try changing it the GTX 1660Ti or vice versa to see if you get any improvement in export times.

. . . . does not move the "demped section" during the video display along . . . .

Are you using an audio object volume curve or track volume curve and is the audio one object or several?

Assuming the audio object is not one long track, does the audio object itself move to match the changes made to the images/video?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Bol wrote on 10/27/2023, 8:19 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hello Dirk,

An addition to @johnebaker.

Could it be that you see this at the top of the export screen?

Your Nvidia Video Card Drivers may need to be updated.
To do this, go to: Official Drivers | NVIDIA. Download and install the latest version.

Good luck,

Rob

PC -1-

PC -2-

Bol wrote on 10/27/2023, 9:49 AM

Also "The advanced settings" option is not available anymore (below extract of the relevent part of the manual) and is not accessible!

HEVC Encoder
In the "Advanced Settings" you can make detailed adjustments to the HEVC data flow. The
advanced settings are divided into "Video", "Audio", and "Multiplexer". Below is an explanation of all
the settings that can be changed.
Open advanced settings: File > Export > Video as HEVC > Advanced

Hello Dirk,

You're absolutely right that you can't find, let alone apply, the advanced settings at File > Export > video as HEVC > Advanced because it's simply not there. I see that the same BUG is present with Video as MPEG-4 and AV1.

You could report this to Magix Support by sending an email to: infoservice@magix.net

Best wishes,

Rob

PC -1-

PC -2-

dirk-saeys wrote on 10/28/2023, 1:47 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hello Dirk,

An addition to @johnebaker.

Could it be that you see this at the top of the export screen?

Your Nvidia Video Card Drivers may need to be updated.
To do this, go to: Official Drivers | NVIDIA. Download and install the latest version.

Good luck,

Rob

I did not see the message (Mixdown .. actualiseer de ..") on the export screen.

But checking the nvidia driver I see that was 3 versions behind and upgrading my NVIDIA drivers has resolved the export performance problem with the new 2024 version. It now runs as smooth as the 2023 version

(Thanks Rob!!)

dirk-saeys wrote on 10/28/2023, 2:53 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hi

. . . . using the same options (Multiple GPU) the process took almost 5 hours to complete (5 times slower). . . .

In the program settings, Device options tab, if the Video mode option is set to the Intel UHD 770, try changing it the GTX 1660Ti or vice versa to see if you get any improvement in export times.

. . . . does not move the "demped section" during the video display along . . . .

Are you using an audio object volume curve or track volume curve and is the audio one object or several?

Assuming the audio object is not one long track, does the audio object itself move to match the changes made to the images/video?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Hi John,

Performance problem on the export is fixed (see further ... thx to Rob!)

Now for the demping.;;

The video is not ungrouped . so the audio volume curve for the video is not separate but on the video itself. The sound-track is 1 big compilation of different relax/lounge music songs. so it is 1 big mp3.. so removing or adding some fotos does not move or affect this object: it stays in place (same position) and the demped section does not move with it. In below screenshot I have removed 2 fotos and the demped section is shown as "not moved" .. it should match the video.

The small number of mp3 that follow (to complete the slide show) do move with it.. there the overlap between the current audio object (the large soundtrack) and the next becomes larger. All demped audio section do no move and remain shifted

The shift for the demped sections remains for the next audio objects. So the only solution is to visit every video and re-adjust the demped areas manually. My slide-show is finished (no more changes to be doen :-)) , but I do think it will be a good a idea, (for future), to maintain some kind of link between the video and the demped sections on the other sound-tracks

johnebaker wrote on 10/28/2023, 5:15 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hi

. . . . it is 1 big mp3 . . . . The shift for the demped sections remains for the next audio objects. . . . .

The volume curve, being attached to the big mp3 audio object, cannot move when other independent objects ie the images and short video objects on the track above are trimmed/stretched/added/removed, as its reference point is the start of the big mp3, and it will move with the big mp3 audio object.

The other smaller mp3 will move where possible and the volume curve attached to them goes with them.

In this particular case, to put the ducking region into the correct place it has to be moved manually dragging the nodes to the required locations.

Unfortunately the nodes cannot be selected as a group and all moved as one.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Bol wrote on 10/28/2023, 6:47 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hello Dirk,

As @johnebaker already describes, the volume curve itself will not move. The reference point is at the beginning of the soundtrack. Watch the video and it will become clear to you.

Best wishes,
Rob

PC -1-

PC -2-

johnebaker wrote on 10/28/2023, 10:59 AM

@dirk-saeys

Hi Dirk

Following on from @Bol's comment above - I get the same behaviour as Rob demonstrates above in Photostory - which is what I referred to as a Track volume curve and after further testing it is the only type of Volume curve you can have.

I previously commented that an Object volume curve will move with the audio object it is attached to - this also applies to video objects and their audio track - however, Photostory does not have this feature.

Using a more advanced Magix video editor ie Movie Studio and Video Pro X, the Object volume curve behaves as shown below.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/28/2023, 11:00 AM, changed a total of 2 times.