Photostory 2015 file not found loading a project.... but the file it's just there...

Ichisuke wrote on 10/7/2016, 6:43 AM

So time ago I've made a project with different photos, video files and music files. Now I have to make some small tweaks. Opening the project will just tell me that's the video file has not been found.... the file is an mp4 video file... Of course I could open the project normally and working with it time ago. I've also already did a DVD time ago. The project was archived on an external usb hard drive using photostory option to "backup" every files t that the project use from the different path folders. If i try to tell the program to open the file it's just tells me that the file is not found.... It just won't open it.... The file is working correctly in a video player... 

If I try to add the file manually to the timeline it tells me that the file cannot be read, that the usb unit is wright protected or full, and there is the error message "quicktime is not installed" but it is... Moving the file to a different directory on the system drive "C" doesn't make a difference...

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/7/2016, 11:55 AM

Hi

. . . . archived on an external usb hard drive . . . the file cannot be read, that the usb unit is wright protected or full . . . . there is the error message "quicktime is not installed" but it is . . . .

Was the original project backed up on to the USB drive on a different computer or has the computer used been updated to Windows 10 since the project was archived and Quicktime and Photostory installed before the update to Windows 10?

If the computer has been updated to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 then the problem is likely to be permissions on the folder(s) and files on the USB drive.

Try  re-installing the Photostory 2015 using this procedure. then re-install Quicktime and try open the project again.

If when trying to access the USB drive and you get a Windows message saying you do not have permission and it asks you if you want to gain permission - click yes.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/7/2016, 11:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ichisuke wrote on 10/7/2016, 12:50 PM

Hi

. . . . archived on an external usb hard drive . . . the file cannot be read, that the usb unit is wright protected or full . . . . there is the error message "quicktime is not installed" but it is . . . .

Was the original project backed up on to the USB drive on a different computer or has the computer used been updated to Windows 10 since the project was archived and Quicktime and Photostory installed before the update to Windows 10?

If the computer has been updated to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 then the problem is likely to be permissions on the folder(s) and files on the USB drive.

Try  re-installing the Photostory 2015 using this procedure. then re-install Quicktime and try open the project again.

If when trying to access the USB drive and you get a Windows message saying you do not have permission and it asks you if you want to gain permission - click yes.

HTH

John EB

Just had to install quicktime again and reboot.... -_-" Pretty sure it was already installed with iTunes but I've discovered that actually quick time is not supported anymore by Apple(some security bugs)... Anyway I was already on Win10 when I was using Photostory 2015 time ago. Then I've made a complete clean install some months ago so quicktime was simply not there... my bad :/

Thanks anyway.