Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/1/2018, 5:04 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, I know of no such Magix program as Photo Story Manager; there is one called PhotoStory Deluxe, currently at version 17.1.3.142 and Photo Manager Deluxe, currently at version 13.1.1.9. "Version 10" which you have is clearly considerably "old".

So you need to clarify exactly which Magix program you have.

Then you need to read this post and give us ALL the information requested, especially the details of your computer.

Also, once we know which program you have I will move this thread to the relevant program area of the forum; it is clearly not an "off-topic" question.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

robert-sutter wrote on 5/1/2018, 9:59 AM

Photo Story 10 Deluxe, Version 10.0.5.3 Magix Photo Manager 10 Version 8.0.1.143 Photo Manager is where I get the error. Running Windows 10

emmrecs wrote on 5/1/2018, 10:23 AM

Hi, thank you for the additional information.

Unfortunately, apart from the fact that you are running Win 10, we know nothing else at all about your computer! Such information as exactly which version of Win 10, your CPU, RAM, GPU (if any), Hard Drive type and free space, etc., etc., etc, are all very pertinent.

However, I suspect the problem is that the versions of PhotoStory and of Photo Manager which you have are too "old" for your operating system; your PhotoStory is 7 versions behind and Photo Manager 5 versions. When Microsoft release "upgrades/updates" to their operating system it is just not financially feasible for software manufacturers to ensure that ALL previous versions of their current software remain fully operational within the new OS, even if it was possible to do so. Changes to Windows can completely "break" existing, "old" software; it is not unknown for such changes to also adversely affect even "current" versions of software, though that is clearly not the case for you.

I can only suggest you seriously consider upgrading to the latest versions, sorry.

You will see I have moved this thread to the Photo and Graphics forum, where it is much more likely to be seen by other users of the software, who may have other ideas to suggest to you.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam