Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/11/2020, 3:03 PM

@Emma-Carey

Hi

I have looked at the website home page HTML and the Gallery widget is empty ie - there are no images present.

Did you upload the website again after making the changes and what did you use to upload, Web Designer or an 3rd party FTP program?

On another note, your website is missing several legal requirements in particular:

Company or Business details, ie Company/Business name, registered number, place of registration, registered office address, postal address and email address, contact details (including other means then online), VAT number, where applicable, this also includes when the website is not being used for ecommerce transactions.

GDPR regulations see here

A privacy policy, including use of cookies, any collected data and a disclaimer for liability or what liability the company/business accepts.

Accessibility - see here

Also missing a Copyright notice at the bottom of every web page.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Emma-Carey wrote on 7/13/2020, 4:53 AM

Hi John

Thank you for your feedback.. yes site needs more doing to be complete..
After adding the images I saved & then uploaded the whole website theough web designer using the FTP details..

I did wonder if the images had uploaded but not sure how to do this without using the web designer and thought
they should upload with the rest of the site?
Many thanks
emma

Emma-Carey wrote on 7/23/2020, 2:27 AM

Hi

I have now tried 5 different photo widgets and they look fine on the page but are not there at all when live?? Just a blank space...

It is driving me mad!! and wasting a lot of time :(

Where am I going wrong????

thanks emma 😢

johnebaker wrote on 7/23/2020, 12:40 PM

@Emma-Carey

. . . . I did wonder if the images had uploaded but not sure how to do this without using the web designer and thought they should upload with the rest of the site? . . .

If you are using Web Designer to upload the website via its internal FTP function then all media used in the web site will be uploaded automatically as well as the Html pages and other ancillary files required, check that the FTP 'Fast publish . . . ' settings are off.

I use Filezilla for FTP as follows:

1. In Web Designer I export the website - not Publish - to a folder on my PC and check it all works from there.

2. Once the site is correct, I upload everything Web Designer created in the folder using Filezilla.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Emma-Carey wrote on 7/24/2020, 3:33 AM

Hi John

Thank you for your reply..😊

I have always used th FTP in web designer and never had an issue before.. ??
I will try your suggestion. I am also finding that the insta widgets arent working properly so

just wondering if theres a known glitch??

thanks again

Emma-Carey wrote on 7/27/2020, 6:16 AM

Hi John

I have tried so many widgets now and none are working!! Im at the point of leaving this software now after using it for so long.. its driving me mad because I cant work out what is going wrong! Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me! 😭