Photo Manager Delux install stops with "error occurred..."

James-Sammons wrote on 5/2/2021, 8:28 AM

Trying to install Photo Manager Delux 17. Installation fails shortly after beginning with "Can't communicate with server, check internet connections." Previous response describes antivirus/web protection software as possible blocking. I have tried the following:

• Disabled Norton 360
  • Checked that Windows 10 Pro 64 bit security is not active.
  • Run install as Administrator
  • Verified that all network/internet functionality is normal

No Joy. What are my options? Can I abandon and receive a refund?

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/2/2021, 9:17 AM

@James-Sammons

Hello, Welcome

I take it you mean your firewall and windows defender is also temporarily disabled?

Also please check this thread here to see if it helps you.

Forum Moderator 

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

kligj wrote on 5/4/2021, 10:02 AM

I have tried to delete the database, to start from fresh. This fails with an error within PhotoManager. Is there a way thatI can delete the databse "externally". I have tried to remove all files on my PC containing "Photomanager". but whr i reinstall PM, the database and photos are still there

emmrecs wrote on 5/4/2021, 11:00 AM

@kligj

Your question is not really the same as that raised by the OP and so ought to be posted to a new thread.

However, have you tried the most obvious option: Database>Delete entire database?

To remove the whole app, download and install Revo Uninstaller, let it remove everything connected with PM (just check carefully everything it says it is going to remove, especially if you have any other Magix software). Then reboot your computer and reinstall PM.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

kligj wrote on 5/4/2021, 11:06 AM

Yes, tried to delete, but PM giver an internal error or stops responding.:

Error code: 80000011

Statement::Execute( EXECUTE PROCEDURE SP_DELETE_ALL_ENTRIES ) :
*** IBPP::Exception ***
Context: Statement::Execute( EXECUTE PROCEDURE SP_DELETE_ALL_ENTRIES )

SQL Message : -901
Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not preclude successful execution of subsequent statements

Engine Code    : 335544345
Engine Message :
lock conflict on no wait transaction
At procedure 'SP_DELETE_ALL_ENTRIES' line: 4, col: 3

emmrecs wrote on 5/4/2021, 1:24 PM

@kligj

Thanks for the additional information.

I think you have two options:

1. Complete uninstall of the program, using Revo Uninstaller as previously advised.
  2. Raise a Support Ticket via this page.

I'm pretty sure no user will be able to assist you with this, unfortunately.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam