Comments

john-auvil wrote on 8/20/2010, 9:40 AM

Hmm, no I haven't

What is the problem that needs resolved? Maybe we can help.

frustratedslideshowmaker wrote on 8/20/2010, 10:53 AM

Hmm, no I haven't

What is the problem that needs resolved? Maybe we can help.

I purchased Magix Photostory on CD & DVD 9 and my daughter made a small slideshow and burned it on a DVD with no problems.  I made a slideshow for my classroom and it won't burn on a DVD.  The following error comes up during the Step 1 and Step 2 of the burning process:  "Burning was aborted with the following error...Error when rendering the menu.  menu encoding failed." Why did our first slideshow burn to a DVD with no problem but I can't get mine to do it.  I've been emailing the tech support in Germany but they keep giving me generic troubleshooting suggestions.  I think there is something in my slideshow that isn't set right which is causing the error.  The BURN program is right in the Magix software so I'm not trying to burn the DVD using the software that came with the computer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Also, I paid $14.99 online to talk with a tech support person.  They sent me an email confirmation but no where on the email does it contact a voucher number to use when calling tech support.  So I'm out of $14.99 and still have no one to talk to about this problem.

john-auvil wrote on 8/23/2010, 8:51 AM

Well,
I am not sure about the voucher but the error could be two fold.
I recommend that you start a new project, load some files, effects and transitions... basically something of everything and see if you can burn that project.
If you can, then that means the project you have been trying to burn has some sort of corruption in it, that could me it will have to be aborted... unless you can export it out as a MPEG-2 file. If you can, you can load that into a new project, add in the menu features again and burn.
Now, if you are unable to burn even new projects there is a list of possibilities. As you mentioned, there could be something in the project that just is not right, and without seeing it, even support would be at a loss of what it could be. You also could have installed some new software from the time it burned once to where it is not burning now that is causing a conflict. In the tutorial section of this website, I wrote a article on how to remove start up programs for a trouble shooting perspective... mostly because of burn issues. You might try that...
Another important step would be to make sure that the burner hardware has the most updated "Firmware" or drivers and that you update the burning software from MAGIX through the means of a patch for the Burn Routines.
I have the program you do, so I can go into more details with you if needed. Just let me know if any of what I wrote you works or makes sense...
frustratedslideshowmaker wrote on 8/23/2010, 12:43 PM

Thank you.  I will try your suggestion of exporting the file and burning it through the computer's program to burn DVDs.  Since I was able to burn a DVD originally and can't now, my guess was that there were settings on my current slideshow which prevented it from burning.  I'll see if I can export and burn it through the program the computer has to burn DVDs to see if it works.  I'll let you know.

Well,
I am not sure about the voucher but the error could be two fold.
I recommend that you start a new project, load some files, effects and transitions... basically something of everything and see if you can burn that project.
If you can, then that means the project you have been trying to burn has some sort of corruption in it, that could me it will have to be aborted... unless you can export it out as a MPEG-2 file. If you can, you can load that into a new project, add in the menu features again and burn.
Now, if you are unable to burn even new projects there is a list of possibilities. As you mentioned, there could be something in the project that just is not right, and without seeing it, even support would be at a loss of what it could be. You also could have installed some new software from the time it burned once to where it is not burning now that is causing a conflict. In the tutorial section of this website, I wrote a article on how to remove start up programs for a trouble shooting perspective... mostly because of burn issues. You might try that...
Another important step would be to make sure that the burner hardware has the most updated "Firmware" or drivers and that you update the burning software from MAGIX through the means of a patch for the Burn Routines.
I have the program you do, so I can go into more details with you if needed. Just let me know if any of what I wrote you works or makes sense...