Once all settings are done, how do I perform clean and save file?

sean1810 wrote on 10/18/2009, 10:25 AM
I have just got the Audio Cleaning Lab bundled with my new DJ Tech Vinyl Encoder deck. I have encoded an old 45 into mp3 format and put it on my pc and am now trying to use the lab software to clean it up. I am 50 today and have decided that this means I have become senile as I am normally computer literate but this software has me beaten. Having imported the mp3 file and set it for vinyl clean up I cannot for the life of me see what to do next. How do I actually perform the clean up process and save it cleaned. Also, the manual states there is a cleaning wizard button but I cannot see it anywhere. Somebody please help this poor old fool!!

Comments

Procyon wrote on 10/18/2009, 8:06 PM
My first question is...why would you encode your music to a compressed format, such as MP3 first?  It would be better to encode as a WAV file first and then export as MP3 after the work has been done.

When you import a track of any format into Audio Cleaning Lab or Music Maker, it is treated and saved as a "project".  The original track is not actually being altered, unless you use a destructive enhancement.

The program stores any changes you make to the project in various files, but it is only the information needed to modify the track.  The information is not applied until you export the project as a new file in the chosen format.

I can't help you with the wizards.  I have a much older version of ACL and it is no longer loaded on my computer.  If the wizards palette is not open, I'd suggest looking in the VIEW menu.  If you can't find it there, I'd suggest reading the manual.

Oh...BTW...Happy Birthday from another poor old fool.  I just turned 49 last month.
Procyon wrote on 10/19/2009, 11:53 AM
Sorry, it was late and I didn't have time to look into the Vinyl Encoder.

A neat gizmo, but sadly it appears to save the MP3's at only 128kbps.

The Vinyl USB 5 MKII would have allowed you to record on the computer probably with much higher quality and various formats.  At a higher initial cost, of course.

Maybe someone else can help with the wizards problem?