Objects not recording,reverts back to free version, Asio issues

Eleyan wrote on 3/3/2023, 6:08 AM

I posted about some glitches the other day, since then my SWAMP X-USB preamp I use (which has really been fantastic) has died and I've been forced to dig up my barely used PreSonus AUDIOBOX 96. Has anyone had issue with the presonus drivers using audiobox with magix on a laptop? I'm finding vocal objects just will not record. An object appears, but there is no sound. I later tried to change to the Audiobox ASIO driver and Magix instantly froze, then closed. I'm using the same microphone as before the changes. Magix is also suddenly reverting back to the free version, and not sure if it is due to lacklustre internet service atm. My question would also be, it's about time I found out how to enable Magix "Offline", as I cannot take all of this disruption, I've had no productive use of this product for two days since the problems started. It may be a hobby, but I'm part of an online group, and they are much more productive than me, I was just stepping it up a bit when it came to a screeching halt. Ideas?

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/3/2023, 8:43 AM

@Eleyan If you encounter problems like these, it is recommended to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu or open the program settings and click on the button to clean up the in-app-store. This might help.

If you want the same workflow as Music Maker you could switch to Samplitude Music Studio. It is much more stable, runs without always-online-DRM and has a lot more features. Some time ago it could even open Music Maker MMM projects in case you want to transfer some of your projects (BUT you cannot reopen them in Music Maker after doing this!!! Make a backup before loading them in Samplitude). I haven't tested if it still works with the current versions.

I personally only use Music Maker for the Song Maker feature and dio everything else in Samplitude.

Eleyan wrote on 3/31/2023, 4:31 PM

That is an interesting, but scarey, prospect. I normally only use Magix MM & Wavepad. Today Magix has been freezing constantly, possibly due to some recent updates, it's just infuriating. I will try the reset option for settings in Magix and go from there. Thank you for your explanation of the offline capability of Samplitude, I didn't know that. I will consider it in the future though. Cheers, SP.

SP. wrote on 3/31/2023, 4:58 PM

@Eleyan Humble Bundle currently sells Magix Samplitude Pro X5 and Vegas Pro 18 Edit and Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 and Music Maker 21 Plus and Soundpools for $25. The offer is still available over the next 5 days. It might be a good idea to get this if you want more professional programs.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/king-content-creator-bundle-software

If the GUI isn't very responsible in Music Maker you might want to check the text cursor indicator settings in Windows. The text cursor indicator should be disabled or Music Maker may run very slow.

Eleyan wrote on 3/31/2023, 5:31 PM

I reset the program settings, and it ate the song I was most recently working on, plus a bunch of others. They are all gone. All my working copies. Just as well I saved the last song to Mp3 or I'd have no record at all. Drats. I'm hating this MMM journey big time.

SP. wrote on 3/31/2023, 6:11 PM

@Eleyan Resetting the Music Maker program settings will not delete your projects.

Did you use the option under the File > Settings menu?

Eleyan wrote on 3/31/2023, 7:56 PM

And thanks, I did do the humble bundle route. I'm going to calm down now because I finally have sound again through my mic.

Eleyan wrote on 3/31/2023, 7:57 PM

Yeah, I thought I did SP, who knows what I actually did. The techie imp is strong in this one......

Eleyan wrote on 4/6/2023, 8:33 AM

Magix crashed again today, right after I chose Magix Asio driver, I could hear good sound through the headphones, but no waveform was produced during the recording and then it crashed. I've been having issues with low sound levels using magix, which I didn't get while using my Swamp X-USB preamp the first time round, it started going dodgy earlier this year and got progressively worse. Now, as I say, the sound levels are two low with everything turned up, and the best vocal settings do nothing, which is not how it used to be. I wanted to download the Samplitude I bought online, I bought the Pro X-5 with humble bundle for my 2nd computer and it freezes up when I try to use it. Couldn't even turn it off, I had to shut the whole thing down. My G7, I paid for a subscription, monthly with the latest Samplitude version, and do want to try it, like you suggested. The downloading is slow atm due to Easter Holidays here in Melbourne, everyone is home and using their bandwith. I might try to download it tonight around 2am.

SP. wrote on 4/6/2023, 9:11 AM

@Eleyan These crashes have likely to do with your audio devices. Are you still using the Presonus Audiobox? Did you install Universal Control from Presonus?

It's very important that you install the correct audio drivers. It's not guaranteed that Magix Low Latency or Music Maker ASIO will run with your devices.