Not rendering

SporkimusPrime wrote on 1/14/2023, 9:01 AM

I have seen Acid Pro 10 and 11 not render to .wav or .mp3 if you accidentally have the loop selection set to loop. But one song I am working on now..everytime I try to render it--it just increments the counter and won't work. I can do a realtime .wav render, which oddly enough does 32-bit float instead of 24-bit .wav. Anyways, curious if maybe someone more experienced in Acid is like "ahhh yeah don't do x, and it'll work". I thought it maybe the sidechain compression on CorefX Compressor VST, or some of my synth automation, I turned some of that off and it didn't help.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 1/24/2023, 8:53 AM

Slow response, sorry.
I've never seen acid just flat out refuse to render. I've seen it just spaz out and crash immediately, I've seen it start to render, then crash. I've seen it render all the way to end, then crash. I've seen it crash before I can even choose to render. And I've seen it complete rendering, to only produce a corrupted file. But never just do nothing...

Anyway, somewhat joking aside, for me it's always a plugin's fault. Annoying to have to do this, but did you try just disabling all the plugins to see if that resolved it... not that actually resolves it, since now you have a render that sounds awful. But, if it does render it at least points at a cause.

SporkimusPrime wrote on 1/25/2023, 12:40 PM

Thanks shepp! So I finally broke down and downloaded Reaper. Can't say anything negative about it yet. I mean yeah the beatmapping isn't quite as advanced as Acid, but man it makes life easier when it isn't crashing every time I add a plugin.