Not enough disk space to save Acid Project Zip.

AndyG wrote on 5/24/2018, 10:46 PM

I bought the Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB and somehow when I'm going to save my Acid Pro 8 project it keeps popping this message,(Picture) even the hard drive is empty with only 1 file. I installed the new April Windows 10 update few weeks ago and I read that it comes with bugs, and I got my 8tb hard drive on Tuesday, the issue start on Tuesday night when I first open a project and save it with the same filename, today I installed the Acid update. But also the problems show up using the previous Acid 8 before the today's update. Any suggestions about what I need to change on the "preferences" or somewhere else? Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/25/2018, 1:56 PM

It seems that Windows is unable to "see" the free space on your Seagate drive. This suggests, I think a problem of either the formatting of the drive (which ought to be NTFS, presumably, because of its size), or, because of that 8TB, I wonder whether it is "too big" for Windows to see as one drive? The former problem would be resolved by carrying out a full format of the drive (remembering first to temporarily copy the one file on it to your main hard drive); for the second, you might need to consider partitioning the drive, perhaps into 4 x 2TB.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam