no data on DVD after burning

ryanr5959 wrote on 9/24/2009, 7:24 PM
I have movie Edit Pro 15. These are the steps I took to burn my DVD I captured my video from a mini DV cam-recorder using a firewire , operating systme is Vista  the cam-recorder is not a HD so I selected the DV when I captured the video no errors came up during the burning or before. The DVD i used ws a DVD-R, in the Burn Dialogue Box I have checked 1. activate buffer for underrun protection, 2.format entire DVD/CD and 3. write Min. 1GB DVD compatible. I did get my sound to work I had just over looked the mute button. I hope this information will help you help me burn to a DVD that will play on the TV. I do not have software with my cam-recorder. The is a smal check box in the Recording Source Selection that says record DV as MPEG I did not select tht and can you tell me when I would want to check that box. Thanks for your help but this software is giving me fits

Comments

Clevo wrote on 9/24/2009, 11:04 PM
I too have a mini-DV cam camcorder, the DV-AVI format is regarded as the best and easiest format to edit with so stick with that; even though Mpeg is the same format as the DVD and it doesn't need to be re-rendered when burning to DVD.

2) Not sure why you are being asked to format a DVD... on the software I use it'snever asked me to do that

3) write min... i find setting the maximum write rate to 4x or 8x gives me more success, I'm not sure what the 1GB DVD is. Regular DVD are 4.7 GB (1 hour of video)

If you are not getting any error messages like "cannot read disk" or "file to big for disc" then you would think that everything is OK and it should burn properly,

If all else fails then perhaps, if MMEPro lets you output to video files you can try out-putting as a DVD standard mpeg2 file, importing that file into a blank/new MMePro project and burning from there.

another option, if MMePro allows is to export as an iso file and using something like NERO to burn the DVD