Comments

Clevo wrote on 9/18/2009, 4:47 AM
G'day

There's more than 800+ varieties of AVI files as the extension is a wrapper format.

I'm not sure how to read your post as it seems to imply you believe that your AVI is encoded with the divx codec...and you seem to be implying that the same file worked in v14 but doesn't in v15. Some clarification is required.

Divx and other super compressed video files are notoriously difficult to edit as the super compressed formats are generally final products meant to be for transporting easier rather than as a base for editing.

Perhaps a bit more detail is needed. Suffice it to say to not feel compelled to install free codec mega-packs as they tend to cause more problems.

Does MMEpro give you information of the video properties? Perhaps you can list them here.
ralftaro wrote on 9/18/2009, 5:52 AM
Clevo nailed it. An AVI file could contain a wide variety of codecs. You need to establish what audio codec your DivX files are using and whether it is on your system. You can do so by using a codec analyzer tool like GSpot:

http://www.headbands.com/gspot

The AC3 filter wouldn't have anything to do with it. First of all Movie Edit Pro 14 and 15 use their own built-in codec for Dolby Digital decoding and secondly it's kind of unlikely that there's Dolby Digital audio on your DivX files. I have yet to see this combination, albeit it is possible I guess. I don't know where your files come from, but probably they got MP3 audio. Run GSpot above and check whether the appropriate codec is in your system. Possibly something is also interfering with the correct import, e.g. due to a messed-up DirectShow codec system. This could be a fairly simple issue or could turn out to be more tricky. Either way, more details would be required.

cheers