newbie burning old WMV to DVD.

agnisflugen wrote on 5/29/2009, 2:20 AM
i have magix movie edit pro 14 plus. before purchasing this program, i made several small movies with windows movie maker. i want to put several of those movies onto one DVD but not as one giant movie. i see there is an option to add files when burning a single movie, so i added all the other films i wanted to burn, but when i go to the advanced screen it shows only one out of one chapters. i went ahead and burned the DVD anyways just to see, and there was only one file on the DVD. i am very new to this program so please don't make fun...thank you for taking time to read this. 

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/29/2009, 4:27 AM
Hi there,

The function you probably used is just intended to add some data files to a DVD you're burning. Depending on your DVD player, you won't be able to read all of this and it won't play back in the intended manner. It looks like what you really want to do is burn a multi-movie DVD, where you have several separate movies on one single disc, with the ability to pick a movie from the DVD menu. This can be done in Movie Edit Pro. Here is how:

Open the program and start a new project. Import your first WMV clip into the timeline. If there's any further editing or trimming to be done, do it. Now, open a new movie within the same project, which can be done by using the "New movie" command in the "File" menu or in the movie selection drop-down list under the preview monitor or by using the appropriate hotkey combination (CTRL+N). First you will be prompted for a name for the new movie and next you will be prompted whether you want to close the old movie or switch the whole program to multi-movie project mode. Choose "Don't close" in this dialog.

A new empty movie will be opened. However, the first one will still remain open in the background. Bring in the second WMV clip into the empty timeline. Edit as needed. Use the "New movie" command again to open yet another movie. You will be prompted for a name again, but you will no longer be asked whether you want to close the previous movie, since the program is already in multi-movie mode. Just keep going like this, until you got all of the desired WMV files in the project. You can switch between the different movies by using the drop-down list underneath the preview monitor.

Once you actually switch over to the "Burn" stage of the program, you will find that there's one entry in the main DVD menu for each movie in the project.

I hope this helps.