New update is available for Samplitude Pro X8 and Pro X8 Suite

ProAudioTeam wrote on 8/26/2024, 3:58 AM

A new update is available for Samplitude Pro X8 and Pro X8 Suite, which can be installed via the auto-update directly inside the program or manually from the following links:

IMPORTANT: Requires Windows 10 or 11.

Samplitude Pro X8 19.2.0.24218 https://ssl-update.magix.com/patch/samplitude-pro-x8-19-2-0-24218-1724243558

Samplitude Pro X8 Suite 19.2.0.24218 https://ssl-update.magix.com/patch/samplitude-pro-x8-suite-19-2-0-24218-1724241798

-------------------------------------

This patch extends the life cycle of Samplitude Pro X8 and includes not only many bugfixes but also some nice little features:

New in Samplitude Pro X8 19.2.0.24218

Simultaneous comping of MIDI and audio tracks: Audio and MIDI takes can now be switched together in the take lanes.

Optimized mixer handling: The size of the mixer window is now saved globally, i.e. it is now retained if the project is changed when several projects are open. Docking of the mixer window (and other windows) when dragging can now be prevented if the Ctrl key is also pressed.

More flexibility in waveform scaling: The scaling of the waveform display with fades/curves now has an additional scaling option that only takes into account the object fades and volume curves without including the track volume/curves. The track volume is therefore no longer included in the waveform display in the standard setting.

Many detail improvements:

More efficient creation of submix folder tracks, also possible via shortcut

Quick filtering of the displayed automation lanes by type (Vol, Pan, EQ...)

Menu command for selecting only the active track (keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+Enter)

Improved compatibility with ARA2 plug-ins

Over 100 bug fixes

EXCLUSIVE in Samplitude Pro X8 Suite: Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 11

For Pro X8 Suite Users, a free upgrade from SpectraLayers 10 to version 11 will be send to you by e-mail soon. 

For all users of X7 or older, there are currently really attractive upgrade prices, we would welcome everyone to jump to latest Pro X8 Version:

https://www.magix.com/int/music/samplitude/pro-x/
https://www.magix.com/int/music/samplitude/suite/

We thank you for your continued support!
Best Regards

Your MAGIY Pro Audio Team

Comments

browj2 wrote on 8/29/2024, 7:34 AM

@ProAudioTeam

Hi,

Excellent work! The free upgrade of SpectraLayers is a very welcome addition.

Now, could you please put some resources on Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4 to take care of the embarrassing 101 startup (and elsewhere) error, the ability to open the wave file from Video Pro X/Movie Studio with SFACL as the external audio editor as it has for the last 15 years or so, and the playback problem with SpectraLayers Elements not playing back? I and others have raised tickets on these problems.

Note also that SpectraLayers 10 showed up in SFACL4 instead of Elements and opened but wouldn't play back. SpectraLayers 11 throws up an error that it can't open SL11 and that it can't initialize ARA. However, SFACL4 can initialize ARA and open Melodyne.

Thank you,

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Phil-Thompson wrote on 9/13/2024, 1:54 PM

How do I roll back the latest update? I'd prefer the version prior to 19.2.0.24218. Thank you.

SP. wrote on 9/13/2024, 3:39 PM

@Phil-Thompson Uninstall Samplitude, reinstall it, apply the previous patch available here: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/update-patch-for-samplitude-pro-x8-pro-x8-suite-und-music-studio--1338278/

ProAudioTeam wrote on 9/18/2024, 3:52 AM

@browj2 Thank you for your feedback and suggestions for the Cleaning Lab. I have passed on the notes. We have already documented the problems. At the moment, the software is in dormant “legacy” mode and we cannot foresee when capacities can be released for renewed maintenance of the product.

With kind regards

Your MAGIX Pro Audio Team

browj2 wrote on 9/18/2024, 8:47 AM

@ProAudioTeam

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however, Magix is still selling this product with a few major well-known defects - it is not a legacy product. It was, and still should be, one of the best Magix products. These problems should have been fixed more than a year ago when the issues were raised. Not fixing obvious defects, like an error on startup turns off potential buyers and Magix has undoubtedly lost sales due to this. It projects a poor image - if Magix can't fix or doesn't want to bother fixing something like this, why should one purchase any Magix product? Trust is lost and Magix can ill-afford that.

How can I, you or anyone else, recommend to VPX/Movie Studio users that they should purchase SFACL4 when it doesn't work properly?

BTW, SF Audio Cleaning Lab is the advanced version of Music Editor 3 which comes with VPX/Movie Studio. ME3 is legacy, old and obsolete. So, fix SFACL and market it properly to users of VPX/MMS.

I have more arguments, but that should be enough.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos