New 2021 update, when open program welcome window look like the old

ryanejensen wrote on 1/6/2021, 7:48 AM
HelloI have downloaded the SW for Photostory de luxe 2021 update, but do not have the new start / welcome display where the Photostory Wizard is available. Re. the Introduktion video in the progran a fast slideshow wizzard is available and the welcome window should show 'New Photostory', 'Emty projects, 'Load projects' and 'Tutorial.
But only the same 'old' welcome window show 'New Project', 'Load projects', 'Travel Maps' and 'Highlights'.
I am getting in circles in your website - PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!
Regards Ryan

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/6/2021, 9:56 AM

@ryanejensen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First I have taken the liberty of copying your post and pasting it below, hopefully it will be easier for others to read:

HelloI have downloaded the SW for Photostory de luxe 2021 update, but do not have the new start / welcome display where the Photostory Wizard is available. Re. the Introduktion video in the progran a fast slideshow wizzard is available and the welcome window should show 'New Photostory', 'Emty projects, 'Load projects' and 'Tutorial. But only the same 'old' welcome window show 'New Project', 'Load projects', 'Travel Maps' and 'Highlights'. I am getting in circles in your website - PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!! Regards Ryan

I'm not sure I understand your question but all the Wizards are available via Edit>Wizards. (You will need to dismiss the initial "Load/New Project" screen, simply click on the X, top right hand corner.)

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ryanejensen wrote on 1/6/2021, 12:51 PM

Hi Jeff
Thanks so much you are there. I would wish to att. the two program pictures I try to describe, but can't.
In mail to Magix Ticket#removed by Moderator I was able to insert pictures!
Try again - Open program, the display box I get has 4 selections, placed vertical left in the box, above is mentioned 'old' . I see no way to select 'Photo story 1-click-slideshow'.
In the -What's new presentation video' a new designed start box with 4 selections, horisontally. Here the first left should acc. to the video give acces to 'Photo story 1-click-slideshow' Which I miss !
Please try https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=21207&L=22&C=56&phash=zLAY801pZeDYphWV
- Introduction video 1. picture the editing display 2. the welcome box - the box I miss to get acces to
'Photo story 1-click-slideshow'.

Why do I not get the same experience after download of new 2021 sw as update to my 'old' version.

Thank you very much, your help is very much appreciated -

johnebaker wrote on 1/6/2021, 1:31 PM

@ryanejensen

Hi

. . . . Why do I not get the same experience after download of new 2021  . . . .

I would suspect that video and manual showing the horizontal layout of New project/Open project dialog box were produced months in advance of the release of the product using a pre-release version of Photostory.

What version were you using before? The current dialog box has been in use since Photostory 2018 or possibly 2017.

Added: The process now for using the Slideshow wizard is to start with an empty project add the video and/or images then start the Slideshow wizard - you will be asked if you want to keep the existing slideshow, as shown below

- if you click Do not close the wizard will create an additional Slideshow, as shown below, and make the slide show without affecting the original - this is useful if you want to create more than 1 version of the project.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/6/2021, 2:09 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ryanejensen wrote on 1/6/2021, 1:59 PM

Hi John
Thanks for your reply. Really strange to release a product intro so far from real world !!!
My first PhotoStory is from 2013, upgrade May 2020 and now Jan.2021. My reason to upgrade was
really what I was presented for in the 2021 version sales video. Primary the feature  'PhotoStory 1-click-slideshow'.
But now the Q is, is 'PhotoStory 1-click-slideshow'. available at all?
It is shown in my welcome box under the tag 'Highlights' What's new in PhotoStory 2021.
If it is available how/where in the program do I find/start this feature.
Regards Ryan

johnebaker wrote on 1/9/2021, 3:07 PM

@ryanejensen

Hi Ryan

. . . . now the Q is, is 'PhotoStory 1-click-slideshow'. available at all? . . . .

It is - after watching the video several times and testing I finally got it to work, the Magix video does not give enough detail - see the video below.

I have not shown it in the video clip, if you switch to Timeline mode, further editing of the slideshow is possible.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.