need to update my registered email address / update video rescue

Ove-Schuett wrote on 12/2/2021, 5:58 AM

i bought rescue my video rescue v7 sw several years ago and also haven't used it for several years. Back then I registered video rescue using an email that i don't have access to anymore. I am reinstalling the the sw on a new pc and want to reactivate it and the respective mpeg codec. When i try to activate it i get the error message that the sw is already registered to a different email address. Secondly, I also would like to update the sw to latest version. V7 was written fro Windows 7 & 8 , is the version for Windows 10 or 11 ?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/2/2021, 6:32 AM

@Ove-Schuett

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

To update your registered email address go to your account, log in (presumably with the old address) go to User Data and change your email address there.

I'm not sure whether Rescue Your Videotapes is still available but if it is you will need to buy the latest version. See this page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ove-Schuett wrote on 12/2/2021, 7:55 AM

thanks for the quick reply Jeff !! problem is : I think I either used my old work email ...@3ds.com to which I don't have access anymore or, because I installed the SW on my dad's computer I might have used his email ...@t-online.de. I don't have access to either e-mail anymore. Is there any other way ?

emmrecs wrote on 12/2/2021, 8:32 AM

@Ove-Schuett

It doesn't matter that you can no longer access whichever email you used. You simply use it to log into your account with that email and then make the User Data alteration I mentioned. As far as I am aware, the registration server does not send any sort of confirmation message to that old email address, to which you have to reply in order to confirm the change.

If you really cannot access your account you will need to email infoservice@magix.net, giving them as much detail as you possibly can about your account, and ask for their help to update your details.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 12/2/2021, 9:16 AM

@Ove-Schuett

Hi,

Your registered email address is also your username. Your email address does have to work for your to log in. If you forget your password and ask for it to be reset, Magix uses your registered email address to send the reset message. So, if your email address no longer works, you can still log in if you remember your password. If you have forgotten your password, then you need to contact Magix as above.

When you drop an email account, you will have this problem everywhere, so save your passwords for all sites somewhere. Change the email address everywhere.

John

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos