Need To Start Using Music Maker

Oka wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:09 PM

Hello folk, season greetings. This is my first post. I am about to start 'playing' with the Music Maker.

1. When I first open Music Maker, I get these two warnings. What's that all about?

2. How do I check if I have the Premium version?

3. When I enter my serial code, I get this message.

4. What is this "Activation Code" for; why do I need it?

Cheers

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:42 PM

@Oka Activation Codes are for Magix programs that can be activated offline. Since Music Maker cannot do this it doesn't need to bother you.

You can see in the welcome screen in the top right area if you have the premium edition. It can take a minute after logging in until this shows up. You can also look in the Help menu for all your unlocked editions.

The serial number needs only to be entered once. Then it's enough to log in with your user account.

The Beatbox error message might go away if you open the program settings, open the VST path settings and re-scan all VST paths. You can also try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu if the first advice doesn't help you.

The second window is only a commercial. You can ignore it or click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner to disable it.

emmrecs wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:45 PM

@Oka

The first two images you've posted actually answer your second question! The lack of Beatobox.vst3 and the fact you are offered an upgrade to the Premium Edition indicate you are not currently running that edition.

Since it seems you have bought either Plus or Premium (assuming you bought direct from magix.com) you would have received an email with the serial number. That number is what is required for that third image. The fact that it says you already own all content... etc., suggests you have not actually downloaded from the Store and/or Downloads tab in the program everything to which you are entitled. Assuming you have bought the Premium edition, the error message which was your first image will be resolved and Beatbox.vst3 should be available to you. You should also then not be urged to upgrade!

The section in your Magix account about Activation Codes is, I think, irrelevant to you.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:50 PM

@Oka

Hi,

I don't know what you have done.

Please watch this tutorial to understand how to install the program and activate a serial number for an edition, and see what version of the program and the Edition that you have:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ACGuernica wrote on 1/19/2023, 1:58 PM

They didn't do anything. It's how Magix keeps installing. I've had those errors NUMEROUS times. I would end up having to uninstall and install again a number of times before Magix installs 'correctly'.

Oka wrote on 1/25/2023, 9:28 PM

@Oka

Hi,

I don't know what you have done.

Please watch this tutorial to understand how to install the program and activate a serial number for an edition, and see what version of the program and the Edition that you have:

John CB

Hello,

I followed the video for installation. From 6:00 in the video, the person in the video says:
". . . watch what happens, automatic features are downloaded and installed. Wait till this is completed"

Mine did not download any "automatic features". My MusicMaker stayed in the open state, just like in the attached image. So, what's going on?

Thanks.

SP. wrote on 1/26/2023, 4:27 AM

@Oka Check the Download window, which can be made visible by clicking on the cloud-arrow-icon in the toolbar for all features that weren't installed automatically. Make sure that you are logged into your user account.

Oka wrote on 1/26/2023, 10:17 AM

I think I got it now running ok. Thank you all for all you help.

emmrecs wrote on 1/26/2023, 10:30 AM

@Oka

With apologies but I have removed the first image from your latest post. It includes your personal email address so could be harvested by bots and I suspect you would rather not be deluged with spam!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Oka wrote on 1/26/2023, 3:41 PM

@Oka

With apologies but I have removed the first image from your latest post. It includes your personal email address so could be harvested by bots and I suspect you would rather not be deluged with spam!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thanks you so much, my bad. I appreciate that.

Oka wrote on 1/26/2023, 3:44 PM

After finally installing the Music Maker, the installation also installed these two. Are they part of the MusicMaker Premium package?

• SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6 32-Bit
  • SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6
SP. wrote on 1/26/2023, 4:40 PM

@Oka Yes, Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 is included in the Premium Edition features.

It's a fine program to record, edit, process and convert your audio files. It has better and faster audio editing tools than Music Maker.

Oka wrote on 1/28/2023, 3:56 PM

@Oka Yes, Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 is included in the Premium Edition features.

It's a fine program to record, edit, process and convert your audio files. It has better and faster audio editing tools than Music Maker.

1. One shows as "32-Bit", What's is the other one's architecture? What are the differences between the two installed?

2. Sound Forge needed to be activated with the key. I tried the one with Music Maker, it says it's the wrong key. How do I use this product?

3. Also, the icon on the desktop shows as "Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.6". At the Magix website, it shows as "Sound Forge Audio Studio 16". Please clarify.

4. For years, I have been using CoolEdit Pro2. How is the Sound Forge Audio compared to CoolEdit Pro2? Just checked Sound Forge in YouTube, it looks like it is more advanced than CoolEdit Pro.

SP. wrote on 1/28/2023, 5:31 PM

@Oka 

1. The other version is 64 bit. 32 bit programs can only use a limited amount of RAM and only load older 32 bit VST plugins. Today most audio plugins come only in 64 bit format.

2. All serial numbers should be listed in your user account or order confirmation e-mail.

3. Music Maker only includes the old version 12. But usually it should be mostly identical to Sound Forge Audio Studio 16. Newer versions have a different color scheme, can edit 5.1 surround files, have some additional oscilloscopes and plugins.

4. Yes, both programs are similar.

Oka wrote on 1/28/2023, 8:39 PM

I checked my Magix account for all my programs, since 2005, and all the correspondences, no mention of Sound Forge Audio Studio.So no activation code for the included version.