Narration MAGIX photo story

ellyb wrote on 10/2/2012, 10:43 AM

I can NOT narrate the slide show. when I push the recording knob - i get the message:THE SELECTTED FOLDER IS PASSWORT PROTECTED.

Adding narration or music is still NOT possible in this difficult to work with program (I said already this  reminds me to the stone age of MS DOS. Here everything was also nervewrecking.

There is also no good info available, how to  add narration or music at all. I still want my money  back and I keep the  disput at paypal open.

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 10/2/2012, 11:19 AM

Hi,

You know if you are that adamant that you want your money back, why don't you just contact Magix sales and ask them to give you a refund.  If you are within the 30 day period you should have no problem, if you are outside of the 30 day period and are only just now finding out that you don't like the application, then it really is your problem.

The password protected message that you are getting could come from anywhere.  What folder are you trying to access, where is it located, and is it in fact password protected?  This type of message is not something that the Application would generate unless the folder actually was password protected.

You say "Adding narration or music is still NOT possible in this difficult to work with program (I said already this  reminds me to the stone age of MS DOS. Here everything was also nervewrecking."  How exactly are you trying to add narration?  The comments on  stone age and MS DOS are neither relevant or helpful in getting the problem solved.  I understand that you are frustrated but in order to help you people really need enough information to do something other than take a guesse at what the problem is and what could be causing it.

This is a user forum, so you are not talking to anyone from Magix here.  We are users trying to help other users.  This forum is not a place to log your complaints, it is a place to find help, but in order to get that help you need to get over whatever frustration you are feeling and ask some very specific questions and provide some very specific information.  You have done neither.

I wish you well, and will offer whatever assistance I can when you can put the problems you are having in some context that relates to the program and what you are trying to accomplish with it and not focus so much on why it does not work exactly the same way as a program that you have experience with.

Good Luck

johnebaker wrote on 10/2/2012, 5:27 PM

Hi

Your recording problem is possibly not a fault of the program but your computer.

If you want to resolve this problem please read this post and come back with details of your computer specification, Windows version and also where the location of the Recording folder is - you can get this from the programs settings.

As with any new software, which is different from what you have used before, there is always a learning curve and it is often difficult to get started, find things and see how to do something.  The installed manual will help as does asking questions on this forum.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/2/2012, 5:27 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.