Music Maker update 32.1.0.13

ralftaro wrote on 12/11/2023, 7:18 AM

Hi all,

Today it's time again for a new Music Maker update. This time we have taken a little longer to incorporate as many of the latest improvements and bug fixes as possible. This has resulted in a relatively large update with some substantial changes. We have again responded to your problems from the recent past, but also introduced other improvements. Here are the official patch notes:

Changes in patch 32.1.0.13 compared to 32.0.2.11

• Various crash fixes and bug fixes:
    • Image and sound synchronized again during loop playback
    • Playback after audio recordings fixed
    • Installation of collections correct again
    • Advanced pitch ranges permanently activated again
    • Undo/redo now possible for master volume control
    • File size information for Collections and Soundpools correct again
    • Download of collections with active Loops Unlimited subscription possible again
    • WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE files can be opened again
    • VST editing windows are displayed correctly again
    • Metronome works correctly again with the first click at the start of the project
    • Fixed audio recording stuttering that occurred when project length extended during recording
    • Tracking of editions is working correctly again
    • MXShopManager works correctly again
  • New instruments in the in-app Store
    • Cherry Audio Harmonia synthesizer
    • d-16 Drumazon 2
  • Minor adjustments to UI
    • New in-app Store button
    • New Spectrum Visualizer 2 icon

As always, the patch will be deployed via the program's automatic update function, which you can also trigger via the "Update program online" option in the "Help" menu. (In more current product generations, this will take you to the start dialogue to trigger the actual patch download.)  Please keep in mind that, under the current Music Maker product concept, you'll be able to patch your way up to the current product generation and revision from any version starting in generation 25.x of the software.

Comments

TK_ wrote on 12/13/2023, 12:15 PM

Have prolems with Unison vst’s. When I start the vst, the screen of vst disppears suddenly and after that it starts normally. I can’t stop playing from vst screen, instead of that I have to use the stop button of Music Maker.

johnebaker wrote on 12/13/2023, 4:04 PM

@TK_

Hi

Are the issues you are having a result of the patch which is the subject of this topic?

If not then please create a new post, in the Music Maker section of the forum. and give more details about which edition of Music Maker you have, and the version number as found under Help, About in the program.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/13/2023, 4:04 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

TK_ wrote on 12/14/2023, 1:39 AM

These issues are results of this new update.

SP. wrote on 12/14/2023, 2:38 AM

@TK_ Did you restart the computer after installing the update? Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

TK_ wrote on 12/14/2023, 2:54 AM

Well, yes I did. :D

Finlay-MacDuff wrote on 12/23/2023, 2:38 AM

Since the update, I have had constant crashing doing basic things (way too many things to list) that never caused issues before, even occasionally by pressing CTRL N for a new project (!).
It also 'forgot' all the loops I had marked as 'favourites'.
It's so unreliable that i've gone back to using MM 2016 LIVE.

SP. wrote on 12/23/2023, 3:16 AM

@Finlay-MacDuff Please make sure the audio driver is correctly configured. This should reduce problems. In the program settings select the Music Maker ASIO driver, then click on the Advanced button to open the driver settings. There select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

anthony-caccavello wrote on 1/16/2024, 7:13 PM

Im trying to adjust my vocals to be on-time with the beat but it wont let me adjust by seconds only by bars. I cant seem to figure out how to get control of the recording latency. I use to be able to move my vocal over just a hait n be on time.

gjonny wrote on 1/16/2024, 9:29 PM

@anthony-caccavello

>> it wont let me adjust by seconds only by bars.
You can switch to a Time view in the Transport control.

>> I use to be able to move my vocal over just a hait n be on time.
You need to change the Grid settings.

Aubrey-Dallas wrote on 3/7/2024, 12:39 PM

cant activate & tired of this! when online magix asks for computer id which is impossible. serial number works but asks for computer id. if i can prove purchase can you give me special key to activate? please email me at Removed by Moderator

SP. wrote on 3/7/2024, 1:31 PM

@Aubrey-Dallas Computer ID is only for offline activation of old Magix apps released before 2014 (yes, 10 years ago). This won't work with modern apps.

If you have a serial number, you can simply register the software via the registration option in your customer account, not via the activation option. Then, when running Music Maker you need to login with your e-mail and password.

David-Barselow wrote on 4/18/2024, 12:22 PM

I'd like to see the freeze track option be expanded to have both track and object in the options of freeze. And perhaps not just in the instruments panel of song maker, how about when right clicking in the arrangement windows in empty space of a track or on an object, now that would be awesome. It seems to me it use to be available but correct me if I'm wrong.