Music Maker update 31.0.4.50

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/26/2023, 8:07 AM

@Vitalicus

Hi

Try pressing F4 to reset the program interface to its default layout.

If that does not work, are you working with 2 monitors?

Please post a screenshot showing the whole interface full screen. do not resize or crop the image.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Vitalicus wrote on 4/26/2023, 10:30 AM

F4 reset only layouts, not the range

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 1:05 PM

After two and a half hours of install and reinstalling after the new update messed up the app I have finally installed a program, by reinstalling the whole music maker program that allows me in. Now my drum vst is not there and when I go the to tab to find location of vst a different window for folders shows up instead of the black background window which allows the directory entry and the scan. I cannot get the vst to install..
HOW DO YOU INSTALL A VST NOW?? I am on ver 28.0.0.12 now

SP. wrote on 4/29/2023, 1:32 PM

@Paul-Nicol This old version only had the folders selection window.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 1:43 PM

Thanks for the info.. How do you get the dll to work at that point? I am seeing nothing to help me.

SP. wrote on 4/29/2023, 1:44 PM

@Paul-Nicol You select the folder with the DLL. For your info, Music Maker 2020 aka version 28 was a 32 bit software and can only load 32 bit VST plugins.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 1:52 PM

I thought it looked odd... I should be on 2023 premium. Trying that download again

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 2:31 PM

Well,, Latest version and I'm back to the crashing when I try to save a file as mp3, or even play it. Worked before the latest update (with a few crashes) and now is pretty well non functional...

SP. wrote on 4/29/2023, 3:11 PM

@Paul-Nicol Does this happen also with a completely new project?

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 3:19 PM

The sound is tinny and scratchy on Music Maker Asio. Change it to wave 16bit and the sound is full but it crashes after about 20-30 seconds of playing.. Change it to low latency and it will not work through headphones anymore. Simply CANNOT save a sound file (mp3) as it crashes within seconds of pressing save. Also crashes when saving it as a wave file but it at least the program restarts after crashing. My Akai MPK mini only works sometimes depending on sound driver. I can use drum pads to playback only in one driver, then record but no sound while recording in another driver (That's a real fun ride). At least before the update I could save a sound file. Does not save any setting changes (# of buffers or multitrack size), bar settings (3/4, 5/4) and probably a few other things. Well after a day of this punishment I have to take a break. One day it works, next day not. Day after that something else... Updates?.. buckle up,, gonna be a rocky ride. Magix video software works great so after years of updates, (Sony and Magix), I took the chance on the sound offerings made available. Exasperated at this point. As a retired software analyst/programmer of 37 years I am in awe at the lack of stability of this program. Can ya do an update so I can at least save my files again??

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 3:23 PM

The project I am using is 2 days old but started before the update. I have not tried a fresh project.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 3:31 PM

I am using Brushify (3rd party) drum dll. it has the most problem with the sound.

I use one wav file off of my recorder and stand up bass purchased from Magix.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 3:33 PM

Oh,, and a Dell m6800 laptop with updated ssd's and ram. Old(ish) but should be able to easily handle this software.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/29/2023, 3:52 PM

I just slapped something together using three tracks. An audio wave I created (never a problem before), a drum track and a bass track. Nothing big. I am now into 10 minutes waiting for it to finish and cancelled it. It saved 18 seconds for that 10 minutes at almost a meg in size. Something is still gone astray even when new.

johnebaker wrote on 4/30/2023, 4:39 AM

@Paul-Nicol

Hi

. . . . Dell m6800 . . . .

Which version of Windows?

Is this an Intel 4th gen CPU and Realtek audio chipset?

Try installing ASIO4All and using this as the audio driver? This may fix the issues with the audio

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 4/30/2023, 9:41 AM

For what it's worth, Windows 10 i7 Realtek. I tried ASIO4All a couple of weeks ago and again a half hour ago. Sound is slightly better but not by much. In any driver there is always a "presence" of distant noise. No noise exists in simple wave driver and it was slightly richer in sound with a slight loss of higher freq.. What I was doing was using Music maker asio and then switching to wave driver to output mp3 file. As much of a nuance as it was, it worked. Friday night I recorded some stuff and saved. Did the update then on Saturday it stopped saving. I ran myself around in circles doing re-installs till I eventually picked the wrong version and backdated myself a couple of iterations. There has been constant stability problems since the new program was installed and I started to use it. It is constantly dropping and restarting (or not) since trying the beta and new update. It is now, for the most part unusable due to the not saving. I can listen and build as long as I don't change drivers much but that is about it. I did not realize I could alter some of the driver settings till now so tried some more changes. The Magix low latency driver seems to be the same as ASIO4All. I have tried everything I have at the moment and the low volume scratching still exists. The program has dropped itself a few times in the past 15 minutes just changing from one driver to another. I would be content if I could still use wave and save. At least I could get something done..

Paul-Nicol wrote on 5/1/2023, 8:38 AM

Windows update did an update last night and now I can hear and save wave files. I can work on my files again.. Thanks for the help people offered. I'll keep the seat belt on for a bit yet and hope for the best..

Paul-Nicol wrote on 5/18/2023, 8:32 AM

So yesterday I tried to use the program again after two weeks. Other that a few startup crashes it worked to create some backing tracks for my next project. I still have to switch between wave for saving completed music and playback and ASIO so the Akai MPK mini works to create sounds. That does not bother me too much but at some point something decided to not work again. I cannot playback or save a completed sound file again (in either wave or ASIO). I want to blame MS for doing updates and you folks not being aware but it was working fine for a few hours then crashed and now will not stop crashing. Most of the time it runs for a few seconds then starts to slow down till it plays one sound then delays for seconds. I finally have to stop it as the computer seems to be caught in some kind of a loop. I restarted the computer a couple of times but that does nothing. Have you found a problem yet? Is it common or isolated? Love to get back to making music without frustration of the lack of stability. Is this the proper place to notify you of problems?

emmrecs wrote on 5/18/2023, 8:41 AM

@Paul-Nicol

Is this the proper place to notify you of problems?

If by you you mean Magix support staff then the answer is No, sorry. These are user to user forums and no-one here has any control over the development of the software.

You should use the Support link in the header of any forum page to create a Support Ticket. Make sure you select MusicMaker as your product and always select the option to Ask Support.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Paul-Nicol wrote on 5/18/2023, 8:41 AM

When it works correctly, normalizing takes only a few seconds. The way it is now that routine almost stops. It never gets to mixdown. I doubt you see it as there does not seem to be error trapping going on.

Paul-Nicol wrote on 5/18/2023, 8:42 AM

Thanks Jeff. I will try that.