Music Maker update 31.0.4.35

ralftaro wrote on 1/31/2023, 12:07 PM

Hi all,

Music Maker update 31.0.4.35 went live today. Please find below the official patch notes.

Changes in patch 31.0.4.35 compared to 31.0.3.26

• Fixed problems that occurred when using Vita LE in the free version
  • External audio editing now possible without Music Editor
  • MIDI control reactivated for Live Pads
  • Store resets when authentication errors occur
  • Additional improvements to stability

As always, the patch will be deployed via the program's automatic update function, which you can also trigger via the "Update program online" option in the "Help" menu. (In more current product generations, this will take you to the start dialogue to trigger the patch download.)  Please keep in mind that, under the current Music Maker product concept, you'll be able to patch your way up to the current product generation and revision from any version starting in generation 25.x of the software.

Comments

Oka wrote on 2/5/2023, 11:26 PM

To update, I get this warning.

ralftaro wrote on 2/6/2023, 1:44 AM

Hi Oka,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you checked in Windows Task Manager what applications those process IDs pertain to? If they are relevant to Music Maker itself (or other MAGIX components), it looks like the program might not be able to terminate properly to install the patch. Generally, you might just want to try this again, ideally after a fresh system reboot. Naturally, if you're familiar with using Task Manager, you could also try shutting down those processes manually, once you get into this problem situation.

If you're coming directly from version 31.0.3.26 of Music Maker, you could also try downloading and running the patch manually from the following URL while Music Maker is not running:

https://ssl-update.magix.com/patch/music-maker-free-31-0-4--1673254696

I hope this helps!

David-Barselow wrote on 2/7/2023, 5:36 PM

Hello Oka,

You can close those programs by opening

1: Right clicking on task bar and selecting task manager.

2: select Details tab, in tab section.

3: In the PID column find and right click the corresponding id number and select End Task.

all of this happens during the update of course.

Good Luck!!

fred-slocombe wrote on 2/18/2023, 3:37 PM

And I tried closing the program to accommodate the process. ...aaand the program was deleted.

SP. wrote on 2/18/2023, 5:45 PM

@fred-slocombe Maybe the update needs to uninstall Music Maker before it installs an updated version. The second step didn't happen in your case. You can redownload Music Maker from Magix.com and install it again.

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2023, 10:38 AM

@fred-slocombe, @SP.

Hi

. . . . Maybe the update needs to uninstall Music Maker before it installs an updated version. . . . .

The 31.0.4.35 update is a small update of ~ 42 MB so does not uninstall the previous Music Maker version.

Did you check the solution given above by ralftaro?

Also try the following:

• Start Music Maker and do not load any project.

• Download the update from within the program.

• Once the first update dialog opens close Music Maker and wait for 3-5 minutes to ensure it has shut down completely.

• Continue the update installation.

If you get the same warning again try temporarily disabling your Antivirus and do the update again.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

David-Barselow wrote on 3/9/2023, 7:35 PM

Hello people I have noticed shortly after the update that the track sedtion for the arranger has become somewhat corrupt there are little black boxes with respective numbers to the tracks and the column has become thinner disrupting the track headers I truly don't want to have to reinstall

johnebaker wrote on 3/10/2023, 3:17 AM

@David-Barselow

Hi David

Have you tried resetting Music Maker to is default settings? Do note this will reset any customisations you have made to the settings.

Additionally are the graphics card drivers up to date?

If you are working on a laptop what is the screen size and resolution, and what is the Windows, Display, Scaling and layout, Scale option set to?

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/10/2023, 3:17 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

michael-simmons wrote on 3/12/2023, 4:32 AM

ok, where do I begin, first, why is the un-do/back button not working? Any error I make I have to quickly shut down the program to avoid the error becoming permanent, been 2 weeks now. Second, random shut-downs seem to be increasing. Third, will not save some of my plug-ins (Antares harmony engine) for one. It opens my saved work and says it cannot load that plug in. All my settings are then lost... so frustrating. Have been with magix since 2017, about 6 months ago, with these errors happening more frequently and then thinking it might be my computer I had a computer built specifically for use with Magix and so it was created to your specifications, spent thousands to get it right, but yet these errors as described keep happening. Are there any known errors around these that I have listed that will be repaired in an upcoming patch? If not, it might be time to end my use of this software, which really sucks because I have spent thousands on upgrades, sound pools, instruments etc. But I feel like I have no choice, these errors are costing me way too much time. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 3/12/2023, 7:53 PM

ok, where do I begin, first, why is the un-do/back button not working? Any error I make I have to quickly shut down the program to avoid the error becoming permanent, been 2 weeks now. Second, random shut-downs seem to be increasing. Third, will not save some of my plug-ins (Antares harmony engine) for one. It opens my saved work and says it cannot load that plug in. All my settings are then lost... so frustrating. Have been with magix since 2017, about 6 months ago, with these errors happening more frequently and then thinking it might be my computer I had a computer built specifically for use with Magix and so it was created to your specifications, spent thousands to get it right, but yet these errors as described keep happening. Are there any known errors around these that I have listed that will be repaired in an upcoming patch? If not, it might be time to end my use of this software, which really sucks because I have spent thousands on upgrades, sound pools, instruments etc. But I feel like I have no choice, these errors are costing me way too much time. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Im experiencing the exact same problems you are describing and i wanted to see if there were any responses to your post. it seems to be ignored. Im about to ask for a refund. Its starting to feel like we as the customer have to be the technician for the software. For the last three days i have not gotten anything done with this software and I spent money on both the software and a load of loops and dont even know if I uninstall if I can reinstall because I did not get any serial numbers and I dont have access to my loops!

emmrecs wrote on 3/13/2023, 4:33 AM

@michael-simmons @Danny-Gilbert

Your posts are certainly not being ignored but these are user to user forums, not any contact for Magix support personnel. Fellow-users may not have any suggestions to offer you, other than those given earlier in this thread, sorry.

You really should each create a Support Ticket. Begin at the Support header on any forum page, always check carefully on each subsequent page that you are asking about Music Maker and that you select the option to "Ask Support" or similar wording.

Refunds are available only under certain specific conditions, which can and do vary depending where in the world you live.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

gimigitara wrote on 6/9/2023, 8:54 PM

@David-Barselow

Hi David

Have you tried resetting Music Maker to is default settings? Do note this will reset any customisations you have made to the settings.

Additionally are the graphics card drivers up to date?

If you are working on a laptop what is the screen size and resolution, and what is the Windows, Display, Scaling and layout, Scale option set to?

John EB

this option helped me to update the Magix Music Maker. Thank you!