music maker 2023 is proving to be a buggy mess

Ehorner wrote on 4/1/2023, 6:03 PM

seriously guys? I just got the new 2023 upgrade and it's a massive downgrade in my opinion! wtf is wrong with Sony? the software is complete garbage, I try to record a new track with the DN-e1 synth track it locks up and makes a repeated saw sound even if I close the program, then after that I have to re login every time because it just can't remember who I am. it doesn't export right, it randomly crashes all the time now, sometimes when I edit one track it picks a different track even though i double clicked a specific track. the software never remembers the way I setup a midi instrument, it just resets to its default. this software is proving to be more and more useless.

is there a way to reset the recording settings since it only lets me hand place notes and not record?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/1/2023, 6:56 PM

@Ehorner Are you using an USB audio interface with ASIO drivers? This is highly recommended because the standard audio chipsets from your computer's mainboard may be struggling a lot and that's why the program crashes.

Humble Bundle currently sells Samplitude Pro X5 and other Magix products for $25. It might be useful to switch since it runs a lot more stable than Music Maker, has more features and less bugs.

Ehorner wrote on 4/1/2023, 8:24 PM

I use an Alesis Micron synth as a midi keyboard, my computer is quite fast and should be able to handle it, it had no problems with the 2021 version of music maker. I have an intel 9700k 8 core processor with 16GB of DDR4 memory, 5500xt gpu with 8g ddr5 memory. running windows 10. I don't have any other audio interfaces since i just use my keyboard and record vocals with my regular sound board and studio setup.

Ehorner wrote on 4/1/2023, 8:26 PM

now the software won't even play the songs, it plays a note then it gets stuck in an infinite loop.

SP. wrote on 4/2/2023, 2:32 AM

@Ehorner

"my computer is quite fast and should be able to handle it"

No, that's not a guarantee. Even very expensive and fast computers usually have very low quality audio hardware which is enough for playback in movies and games but may not be enough for sample accurate real-time recording and audio processing.

Can you show us a screenshot of your Music Maker audio driver settings? Have you tried to increase the buffer size?

Ehorner wrote on 4/5/2023, 12:21 PM

is this what you are talking about?

SP. wrote on 4/5/2023, 1:18 PM

@Ehorner Yes, thank you. This looks good so far. Which buffer size is selected in the Music Maker ASIO driver settings? You can open them via a click on the Advanced button. A bigger buffer size, for example 2048 samples, will reduce the load on your hardware.

Ehorner wrote on 4/5/2023, 1:29 PM

@SP. the buffer size is set to default, it has no number. i can increase it and see if it helps.