Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/28/2014, 12:27 PM

Hi

Try doing a program reset - File, Settings, Reset program to defaults to see if this fixes the problem.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/28/2014, 12:27 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

leopald-d14 wrote on 4/20/2014, 10:12 AM

I had found a temporary fix before, but then it slipped my mind. Anyway, I rediscovered it today.

NOTE: This involves "force closing" the program and all files in the tree related to it. (This is here as a warning. I've done this to Magix at least three times and quite a few other programs, usually browsers, with no issues.)

This works on Windows Vista and should work on other Windows versions if they have Task Manager available.

1. Open Music Maker. Don't bother loading anything.

2. Open Task Manager (hold CTRL+ALT+DEL together, select Task Manager.).

3. In Task Manager, go to the tab marked Processes. Find the Image Name: MusicMaker.exe

4. Right click MusicMaker.exe and select "End Process Tree" (End Process doesn't work).

I'm not sure this is the best way to fix it, but it's the only thing I can find to work. Restarting, Reinstalling, Restoring Windows did little and took more time. Resetting to default and deleting musicmaker.ini as suggested in another thread did nothing. I'm not a programmer, but I have been told I'm a good troubleshooter. Anyway, the problem seems to be in one of the files that isn't the .exe (and there's quite a few) Again, at some point it will revert to the magnifying glass problem and you'll have to repeat this.

fausto.javier wrote on 6/15/2015, 6:47 PM

Hi

Try doing a program reset - File, Settings, Reset program to defaults to see if this fixes the problem.

John

No, it doesn´t work...

LunGao wrote on 6/4/2020, 11:37 AM

I had found a temporary fix before, but then it slipped my mind. Anyway, I rediscovered it today.

NOTE: This involves "force closing" the program and all files in the tree related to it. (This is here as a warning. I've done this to Magix at least three times and quite a few other programs, usually browsers, with no issues.)

This works on Windows Vista and should work on other Windows versions if they have Task Manager available.

1. Open Music Maker. Don't bother loading anything.

2. Open Task Manager (hold CTRL+ALT+DEL together, select Task Manager.).

3. In Task Manager, go to the tab marked Processes. Find the Image Name: MusicMaker.exe

4. Right click MusicMaker.exe and select "End Process Tree" (End Process doesn't work).

I'm not sure this is the best way to fix it, but it's the only thing I can find to work. Restarting, Reinstalling, Restoring Windows did little and took more time. Resetting to default and deleting musicmaker.ini as suggested in another thread did nothing. I'm not a programmer, but I have been told I'm a good troubleshooter. Anyway, the problem seems to be in one of the files that isn't the .exe (and there's quite a few) Again, at some point it will revert to the magnifying glass problem and you'll have to repeat this.

For me, it worked very well!

Thanks!!!

Jim-Mac wrote on 7/11/2023, 3:18 PM

I found that if you hold Ctl-1 , you can select a note or notes, and move it/them. But as mentioned above, once you let go and move the mouse at all, it reverts to zoom mode.

SP. wrote on 7/11/2023, 3:27 PM

@Jim-Mac You can get out of the stuck zoom mode by either restarting the program or, in case this doesn't help, by restarting the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

Jim-Mac wrote on 7/11/2023, 3:28 PM

I'll try the restart next. I've already uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but I've forgotten which application it was part of. Was it bundled with Vegas 20? OR sound forge pro?

SP. wrote on 7/11/2023, 5:08 PM

@Jim-Mac That doesn't matter. It installs and works as a separate program. You can simply download the Free Edition from Magix.com. After downloading and installing it simply log back in with your e-mail and password. Every Music Maker feature registered in your user account will then be restored.