Comments

sheppo wrote on 8/2/2019, 8:23 AM

If I understand correctly, you're highlighting how beatmapping on an MP3 file very often drifts. Also you may notice that when you zoom in an out on many MP3 files the waveform will skip/glitch at certain zoom levels. This used to be a problem on AP7 and early versions on AP8, was fixed, but appears to have come back in AP9. I have raised this as a bug on the beta forum, and am desperately waiting for a fix. I believe VBR MP3s are more prone to see this issue.

A workaround, for new projects, is to convert any MP3 you wish to use to WAV, or FLAC before importing to Acid. Personally I use dbPoweramp Music Convertor as it's super-lightweight and integrates in to Explorer right click, but any conversion tool will work.

AlbinoWino wrote on 8/14/2019, 5:58 AM

If I understand correctly, you're highlighting how beatmapping on an MP3 file very often drifts. Also you may notice that when you zoom in an out on many MP3 files the waveform will skip/glitch at certain zoom levels. This used to be a problem on AP7 and early versions on AP8, was fixed, but appears to have come back in AP9. I have raised this as a bug on the beta forum, and am desperately waiting for a fix. I believe VBR MP3s are more prone to see this issue.

Have had this issue consistently with any mp3 I've tried to use so yeah have been converting them. Really annoying.