Movie Studio Suite - (TTS) Normal Perpetual license

LogicDon wrote on 3/18/2024, 8:19 AM

1st Question: I Purchased Movie Studio Suite on a Perpetual license - Upgrade not realising that I cant use TTS with this which was one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade. If I now purchase the subscription license will Magix deduct the money I have already paid for the Perpetual license - Upgrade?

OR - Do I need to get a refund first?

2nd Question: Are the extras that I purchased for Movie Edit Pro available for me to add to Movie Studio? I can't seem to find them?

I hope someone can answer these.

Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/18/2024, 10:16 AM

@LogicDon

Depending on when you bought the perpetual licence for MMS Suite (presumably 2024?) you could be entitled to a full refund and then you would be able to take out a subscription. You need to email infoservice@magix.net and ask.

If you are "outside" the normal refund period (I think it's 14 days) you could still ask for it if you explain that you actually want to "exchange" your purchase.

As to those extras: exactly which ones are you asking about? As a general rule, everything that "worked" with MEP Plus should also work with MMS. But, depending how "old" your version of MEP is, it may be that you have a 32 bit version of MEP, whereas MMS is 64 bit. In that situation it is quite possible that at least some of those extras are no longer compatible.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

LogicDon wrote on 3/19/2024, 7:55 AM

Thanks for your answers. I bought it yesterday 18/03/24. I Have emailed infoservice@magix.net and shop@magix.net for a refund (as it mentions in section 3 and you don't have to give a reason) when I receive the refund I will purchase the subscription licence.

The Marketing page should be a bit clearer I think as not everyone will read all the way to the bottom. The thing that caught my eye was the claim of AI voiceover with the 2024 version. Add to that that subscriptions are fairly new. Anyway no damage done as long as I get confirmation that I will be refunded.

Once again thank you for the advice.

Don